Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric mowers, tractors and other lawn and farm equipment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cool. Is it noticeable less loud, or does it not work like that with a chainsaw?

Almost completely silent! All you hear is the chain rotating on the bar, and a slow pitched hum of the motor. I can cut at anytime and if I had a neighbor next door they could not complain.

It has a narrower chain that is more efficient cutting, and less kickback.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmacelf
Sure but those are just an outgrowth of the golf cart industry which has had battery (lead acid) powered carts for years.

Some people convert their golf carts and use for hunting vehicles. But they complain they aren't rugged enough.

THere is a whole line of "sidebySides" that is not an outgrowth of golf carts but of ATVs and even small pickups. Nearly all are based on ICE but they are getting batteries.

The best EV one seems to be Intimidator Classic Series | Intimidator Inc.
classic1.jpg

Another new one I found is from GReenworks:

Utility Vehicle 500 | Greenworks Commercial

cu500_Hero.png

I've heard that the Club Car had problems with the lithium batteries -- not even getting a safe 2 rounds of golf. But their lead Lead acid battery with their new HP AC motor is pretty good.
upload_2020-7-27_16-5-30.jpeg
club car onward: Lifted Golf Cart | Onward Lifted 4 Passenger | Club Car

Reactions: wreighven
I've got an Ego blower that I like a lot, I've had about a year I suppose

and I have a Kobalt 40Volt set I bought several years ago that included a string trimmer and hedge trimmer. Works well too. Battery will get me through my yard string trimming most of the time.

i'll probably go electric for my next mower if this one ever dies..... not at all to 'save the environment'. I just like the problem free starting, the lower sound levels, no gas, no stink, etc....

The that cuts for our HOA is all EV. has a stand behind commercial mower, I think it's Meangreen like this
SK-48 Stalker Stand On - MEAN GREEN MOWERS
My house is next to a common area so he mows basically next door.
It's loud enough to hear inside my house but not nearly as much as an old standard engine. Sounds a bit like a DJI 'drone' but somehow a little more peaceful.
his blower and string trimmers use a backpack battery.

I've got an Ego blower that I like a lot, I've had about a year I suppose

and I have a Kobalt 40Volt set I bought several years ago that included a string trimmer and hedge trimmer. Works well too. Battery will get me through my yard string trimming most of the time.

i'll probably go electric for my next mower if this one ever dies..... not at all to 'save the environment'. I just like the problem free starting, the lower sound levels, no gas, no stink, etc....

The that cuts for our HOA is all EV. has a stand behind commercial mower, I think it's Meangreen like this
SK-48 Stalker Stand On - MEAN GREEN MOWERS
My house is next to a common area so he mows basically next door.
It's loud enough to hear inside my house but not nearly as much as an old standard engine. Sounds a bit like a DJI 'drone' but somehow a little more peaceful.
his blower and string trimmers use a backpack battery.
@BLW2 , is there way way I could get in touch with whoever owns that meangreenmachine? I'd like to learn more from an actual owner.

If you don't know, Home Depot is stopping carrying EGO and the brand is moving to Lowe's. HD has most but not all EGO products on sale right now. You can't find them on their web site, you have to go into the store. Yesterday I picked up a 21" self propelled mower with 7.5 Ah battery for $100 off. They were out of blowers and trimmers but I'm going to look around at other stores today. I forgot to look if they had snow blowers, but I doubt they do as they probably didn't stock them before they decided to drop the brand.

If you want to consolidate batteries and chargers it looks like you might consider Makita as one of the power tool makers that has a very broad array of good lithium power tools. I somewhat regret buying B&D drills and Ego chainsaw and leaf blower as I now need an impact driver and Makita has a great one, and they also have great lithium drills and leaf blowers and chainsaws.

I could have gotten everything Makita and use the same type of battery and chargers for everything.

Look at the full line of Makita 18v lithium tools (some use two packs for 36v).

Makita USA

Even a cordless coffee maker

upload_2020-9-30_20-29-5.png

If you don't know, Home Depot is stopping carrying EGO and the brand is moving to Lowe's.

Another FYI, yesterday I found a store that had the 650 CFM blower + battery and charger in stock. The price wasn't marked down, but the price was marked down on the 580 CFM units. I took the 650 CFM blower to service and had them do a price check. It came back as on clearance, but no price reduction. Huh? How can it be on clearance but the not reduced? The associate said that they mark it as "clearance" so that the customer knows the item is going out of stock. He said the price may drop next week if it is still in the store. It will maybe drop $25, and if it doesn't sell the price will drop again the next week. So it is a waiting game on some items.

The store where I bought my mower still had 4 in stock yesterday. If I was willing to gamble and lived close I could have waited and gambled that the price might drop further in the next few weeks. But I figure the $100 savings was worth it and I'm glad I picked one up when I did.

Another FYI, yesterday I found a store that had the 650 CFM blower + battery and charger in stock. The price wasn't marked down, but the price was marked down on the 580 CFM units. I took the 650 CFM blower to service and had them do a price check. It came back as on clearance, but no price reduction. Huh? How can it be on clearance but the not reduced? The associate said that they mark it as "clearance" so that the customer knows the item is going out of stock. He said the price may drop next week if it is still in the store. It will maybe drop $25, and if it doesn't sell the price will drop again the next week. So it is a waiting game on some items.

The store where I bought my mower still had 4 in stock yesterday. If I was willing to gamble and lived close I could have waited and gambled that the price might drop further in the next few weeks. But I figure the $100 savings was worth it and I'm glad I picked one up when I did.
I got a $225 folding ladder for $50 on clearance. Last one. Pays to wait but not too long.

Waiting to see if they actually start selling ZTM's this spring. Ego has been teasing for about a year. Will probably buy one. Many Youtube reviews already. Ryobi zero turn and riding mowers have really good reviews but I'm already committed to the Ego world. Chain saw, power station, weed eater, backpack blower, push mower.

Still I'd consider the Ryobi. I'm so done with ICE anything. Riding lawn mower and Tundra are all that is left. Sure wish I could get past the Cybertruck looks. Maybe it will be like the 2020 NSX, much more impressive in person.

Strange that no one is mentioning the Greenworks line-up. It's pretty robust with 40V, 60V, and 80V variants of just about all standard yard tools. I have the 80V string trimmer, hedge trimmer, chainsaw, pole saw, and snowblower. The 80V battery has tons of power and if you have two batteries, you can charge one while using the other and swap back and forth indefinitely.

Came across this electric gator: offers a 48v option in addition the gas models. Classic Series | Intimidator Inc.

The electric motor is only offered on their cheapest model, and the whole thing seems oriented to hunters/Rambo-wanna-bes, and as they say in the video "hard-working Americans" "to get the job done". The video is like an SNL skit.

If anybody is looking at electric gators I can definitely recommend the Intimidator classic EV. I ended up getting this after looking at all the electric models and this one has been really good so far.

I have a SnoJoe/SunJoe 100volt snow blower and 100volt lawn mower.

both have been overkill because my driveway and sidewalk is child’s play for the snow blower. I end up doing my neighbours as well, because it’s easy and the battery never dies.
deep snow, wet snow, no problem.
Same for the lawn mower.

Reactions: Cosmacelf