Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric mowers, tractors and other lawn and farm equipment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the RYOBI 48 volt riding mower a good mower. I have around two acres Some inclines and low valley spots that can have some water and mud in them around the yard. How is it at side hilling? Want to keep it under 2500 dollars
Reviews on YouTube have been overwhelmingly positive. Uses a lead acid battery. The only reason I didn’t bite. Well that and all those ego batteries I have laying around.

Polaris just released the details of their new side by side Ranger XP Kinetic, now taking reservations for June 2022 delivery. Partnership with Zero Motors (electric motorcycles). Looks like a very full featured, powerful side by side but at a premium price ($25k or $30k depending on battery size).

Reactions: Ulmo and bhzmark
I was helping a friend compare the Intimidator Classic EV UTV to the new Polaris Ranger EV Kinetic to see if the massive price premium was worth it and we concluded only if the much longer range or higher speed was necessary.

ItemIntimidator Classic EVPolaris EV Kinetic
Price$16,889$25k / $30k (sold out)
volt48 volt ?
motor120 lb peak torque, 30 hp140 lb torque, 110 hp
Wheels14" alum 14" aluminum
tires27" 29"
Bed capacity 700lbs1250
bedElectric dumpManual dump
Bed size36" x 56.5" x 13"36.75 x 54.25 x 12.5
payload1200 lbs1500 lbs
hitches2" front and rearJust rear?
Towing 1,500 lbs towing2500 lbs
Top speed21 mph49 mph?
Length width113 (length) x 63 (width)120x62.5
height78 high78
clearance12"14"
batteries8 x 6 volt golf cart14.9 or 29.8 kWh Lithium
weight 2069 lbs1730 lbs, 1980
chargingHouse plugJ1772 3 kW / 6 kW
Range 20 miles45 miles / 80 miles
AccessoriesLotsEven more
# times website uses phrase

"Get the job done"

Reactions: Ulmo and mongo
Now here is great development. EV backhoe by Case

CaseCE.com/580EV

That ad released in 2020, 2 years ago. Any entities able to buy it yet? It should be an obvious purchase for municipalities that do street landscaping pickup using these kinds of tools. Also, some bigger construction companies could try to purchase these types of electrified tools, but mostly these kinds of (non-electric) tools are owned by smaller contractors, so that would take a while to introduce and would need some solid experience reviews before that would be possible (before smaller companies are willing to make such a gamble). It would take a while for the municipal experience line to make it to the local small op contractor base, since they don't interact much, so getting the munipalities on it first and fast would be key to getting this experience in the bag and interactions on the road possible (small op flagging down a bored government union worker who probably doesn't want to talk much and talking anyway).

I have multiple Ego products. Chain saw, backpack blower, trimmer. I added the Ego Powerstation to use all the batteries during a power outage. NOT a replacement for my Honda 2000 gas generator but a good addition when you don't want to run extension cables out the window. Hers a review.
The current website product description at POWER+ Nexus Portable Power Station says "Pure sine wave, safe for sensitive electronics", which means this power station should be able to supply a variety of needs without damaging equipment. That's pretty good news!