Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric Parking Brake Retrofit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Tesla experts,
I am interested in retrofitting a Tesla Model S electric parking brake caliper onto another vehicle.
I understand that there is an aftermarket controller made by Pantera Engineering which can communicate with the parking brake, I have also seen a few tutorials on youtube for building a controller.
I don't know much about programming or wiring so building my own seems intimidating and the pantera unit is rather expensive. I am wondering if it is possible to just use the stock Tesla EPB control module ECU, Part Number 1007618-00-E?
If so how I could go about wiring it?
I understand this might be very difficult but ideally I would just have a dash mounted on-off toggle switch. The car it is going into is a very basic carbureted vehicle with no management software/computer.
Thank you for your help!

I'm amazed that you want to use Tesla's parking calipers. I've had nothing but problems with them: having to replace them every year when the dash message says one or both sides have failed. Even when they do work, they make loud embarrassing screeching sounds when engaging or disengaging. When several Teslas get together at a supercharger, I hear most of their parking brakes screeching as well.

• Funny
Reactions: Scott13TMSP85