Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric Pickup Roundup: Musk Says Tesla Truck 'Not Like Anything Else'

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No idea what it is. "Enhance!":
Enhanced.png

If you look at the flat surface as a huge windshield with that light bar as the headlights, I think it makes more sense than looking at the surface as a gigantic hood.

Tesla is gonna put the "T" logo sideways at the edge of the windshield? Unlikely.

Alternative hypothesis: The "gigantic hood" is actually the rear of the pickup, with a cover over the bed (to reduce aero drag). The "T" logo is on the back end of the cover. The light strip is a running light around the back end of the pickup.

But this appears to be merely an artist's concept for a design element, probably one of many that were submitted, and thus may may not bear much resemblance to the styling of the production vehicle. My guess is that it is at least somewhat suggestive of some part of the pickup, or else it wouldn't have been chosen as the teaser image.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Magus and Ormond
Tesla is gonna put the "T" logo sideways at the edge of the windshield? Unlikely.

Alternative hypothesis: The "gigantic hood" is actually the rear of the pickup, with a cover over the bed (to reduce aero drag). The "T" logo is on the back end of the cover. The light strip is a running light around the back end of the pickup.

But this appears to be merely an artist's concept for a design element, probably one of many that were submitted, and thus may may not bear much resemblance to the styling of the production vehicle. My guess is that it is at least somewhat suggestive of some part of the pickup, or else it wouldn't have been chosen as the teaser image.

Look more closely. The Tesla T is on what appears to be a blacked-out lower portion of a windshield. Once I really saw it, it made total sense.

Reactions: unbelievable
Well, that is better than that hideous thing Electrec shows whenever the tesla truck is mentioned.

BTW, those knobby tires won’t be on a production Tesla, except, perhaps, as an option. Most people drive their trucks through the urban jungle, not actual jungles. Standard street tires or even smoother, high-efficiency performance tires will more than likely be provided.

But what do I know? Nothing.

BTW, those knobby tires won’t be on a production Tesla, except, perhaps, as an option. Most people drive their trucks through the urban jungle, not actual jungles. Standard street tires or even smoother, high-efficiency performance tires will more than likely be provided.

I agree. Here it is with the wheels and tyres from the Tesla Semi. I tried MX wheels and other pickup wheels but everything else looked wrong. The semi wheels kind of work with the industrial look.

Tesla Truck 2.jpg

Reactions: garrett5688
this makes the most sense. he has said multiple times it will be futuristic and not traditional. gotta skate where the puck will be. no point in copying existing trucks if they make no sense for EV. elon/Tesla is all about first principles, ground up design. Let other manufacturers do the easy stuff...

I have seen this before when I was a kid and into RC cars. It is the rear tailgate cover that slopes up to the cab. It is aerodynamic.

The only problem with this is that it's illegal in some states to have white light on the back of the vehicle while the car is in drive. The idea being that at night, you don't want to blind drivers behind you. I think if this were supposed to represent the back of the pick up, they would've made that light bar red instead of white.