TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

"Electric Route to the Racetrack"

Discussion in 'News' started by leilanimunter, Jul 9, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Newscutter

Newscutter Member

#21 Newscutter, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
  2. William13

William13 Active Member

Go Leilani Go! Win promoting a sustainable future.

3. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

+ 1

4. leilanimunter

leilanimunter Member

#24 leilanimunter, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
    I met so many amazing people on the #EVolutionHighway, thanks so much to those of you who joined me at the superchargers! It made my trip so much fun!

We made history in two ways this weekend: I became the first driver to get to a race oil free AND we made history by becoming the first ARCA or NASCAR team to power their pit box with 100% solar power. The 1 kW system from ZeroBase Energy stored enough energy to power my pit box for 5 hours after my race ended, it's the same system used on the front lines by the US Military:

SolarPitBox.jpg

The racetrack asked me to park my Tesla in front of the media center so all the journalists would see it walking in to the media center:

TeslaChicagoland.jpg

My Model S was a big hit after the driver autograph session:

TeslaHit.jpg

I finished 12th on the lead lap on my first 1.5 mile speedway race in four years. ABC News, CBS News, Fox News, and USA Today all picked up the story:

USA Today: Ruffalo brings energy message to NASCAR crowd

The Weather Channel and Univision will both be airing stories about our renewable energy message, my electric road trip and solar power at Chicagoland in the next month - we are happy with a successful weekend!

Chicagoland_med.jpg

Thanks @newscutter for the tip about the detour to Flight 93 memorial and the wind farm:

TeslaWindTurbines.jpg

Thank you to everyone who came to greet me at the superchargers, it made the trip so much fun. I'll never forget it.

5. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

Congratulations on your trip and race! Nice news coverage as well.

6. leilanimunter

leilanimunter Member

Had it custom made! Sorry I can't remember which company I used, but there are lots of custom license plate holder makers out there. You can write whatever you want. My sister made one as well, the top part of her plate holder says "TESLA" and the lower part uses my email signature "For the earth..."

7. ChadS

ChadS Last tank of gas: March 2009. EV miles: 244,000

Great work, Leilani. You make it look easy - and once things are in place, it really is and I hope you get a lot of imitators. But to be the first person finding appropriate solutions, getting them set up, and getting attention on them is a lot of work. Thank you for stepping up.

8. leilanimunter

leilanimunter Member

Thanks for the kind words @ChadS @bollar @William13 Just found this shot of me sneaking in a plug for my favorite car company at Chicagoland Speedway ;)

GoodDay.jpg

• Like x 1
  9. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

10. Zextraterrestrial

#30 Zextraterrestrial, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
    Supermodel? , no, superacer? no Super EVenthusiast...

Superwoman?

kickin A

(in the dash video- why are you all parking facing forward into back in SC's? photos?)

11. jvonbokel

jvonbokel John VonBokel

Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

12. Icesis

Icesis Member

How do I get a picture with miss #66?

13. Darth Fedor

Darth Fedor Member

Does AJ Allmendinger still race with a super narrow steering wheel for his baby hands? :p

I used race shifter karts with him 10 to 15 years ago. Amazing driver and guy.

Congrats on the trip and good luck the rest of the season!