TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Electric Scooter compelation

Discussion in 'Cars and Transportation' started by vfx, Jul 7, 2008.

1. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2006
    CA CA
  2. DaveD

DaveD EVs Kick Gas!

Aug 18, 2007
    Redmond, WA
    My admittedly biased opinion is that the standout in those shown is the Vectrix. It's been in production for about a year and has decent performance and range numbers. It's unfortunate that the price remains beyond most people's comfort level, though it has come down since it's release. It's not been without problems, the most recent being a "battery problem", still, overall, it's got solid mechanical and electrical engineering and design in it.

The integration of regen braking control and speed throttle in the right twist grip is a brilliant (and patented) design that has to be experienced to be fully appreciated.

I bought one almost a year ago, and it's been a joy to ride. Having recently gotten it back from the aforementioned battery repair (replacement?), it's once again become my primary transportation vehicle, taking me reliably to and from work for a daily 25 mile (40 km) round-trip commute. Once my Tesla arrives, I'll obviously be riding the Vectrix much less, and it may be better to find a good home for it (no, I won't be giving it away for free!). But, it will have served its purpose, getting me into the mindset of and used to using electrical power for transportation.
  3. tonybelding

tonybelding Active Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Hamilton, Texas
    I've heard sales of the Vectrix have been dismal. It looks like a fabulous product, but apparently the price tag is killing it.

I would buy one if I lived in an area where a scooter was particularly useful.