Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric Sunshade Film Kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PauliePucks

3rd Party Accessory Junkie
Oct 29, 2021
NJ
Wow….this could be a game changer, I have spoken a little to Satonic (hoping to get a demo kit to check it out, on my dime, but I am waiting on install pdf to see what’s involved)

Obviously there could be some camera trickery involved in the demo video, but if this goes on similar to a tint application, I would absolutely be all over it.

From the pictures it seems the main wiring harness seems to be the standard MCU tapping harness (heads-up display, etc) with a small control box that feeds power and signal to the film contact strips. Guessing the control wiring harness would be run up to the headliner, requiring removal of it, and then the self-adhesive contact strips would be hidden by the headliner and the film would go on from there.

Satonic said the install is “not very easy” but hasn’t given me any details or install specs yet.

The thought of putting on the sun shades from the scroll wheel is insanely enticing though!!!!!