Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric Vehicle Charging Program, read the public comments.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is 8 days left of Public Comments for the

Electric Vehicle Charging Program in Infrastructure Bill.​

The Docket for this is here, with tabs for Document and Comments.
Document is here, the summary:

Summary​

The recently enacted Bipartisan Infrastructure Law invests in the deployment of electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure as one of many important ways to confront the climate crisis. Through a National Electric Vehicle Formula Program (EV Charging Program), the law provides funding to States to strategically deploy EV charging infrastructure and to establish an interconnected network to facilitate data collection, access, and reliability. The law also establishes a discretionary grant program for Charging and Fueling Infrastructure (Charging and Fueling Infrastructure Program) to strategically deploy publicly accessible EV charging infrastructure and hydrogen, propane, and natural gas fueling infrastructure along designated alternative fuel corridors or in certain other locations that are accessible to all drivers of such vehicles. The law directs DOT, in coordination or consultation with the Department of Energy (DOE), to develop guidance for both programs. Through this notice, FHWA invites public comments to inform the development of the guidance. FHWA is especially interested in comments suggesting ways that the guidance could promote equity in the deployment of EV charging infrastructure under these programs.

I saw EVgo published a 20 page letter to site (more on that below).

Encourage others to discuss and post opinions here.

I did, suggesting that ALL NEW construction be EV Ready, with space in Electrical Panel or a space for second Electrical Panel, conduit, and location reserved for charging units.
It is far cheaper to make accommodation now than tearing up structures to retrofit, and the expense of making room is trivial to retrofitting. Having the space and conduit in space is an incentive when to install.

Contemplating another for grants of $1000~2000 for installing public Level 2 chargers.

Reading what EVgo posted, this caught my eye:
Founded in 2010, EVgo owns and operates the nation’s largest network of public fast charging stations for EVs, with over 800 DC Fast Charging (DCFC)station locations across the U.S., as well as more than 1,000 Level 2 chargers nationally. Altogether, EVgo‘s owned and operated network spans 35 states and 68 metropolitan areas and 310,000 customer accounts nationally. We are aggressively expanding this network as we speak, with over 2,500 stalls currently in our active engineering and construction pipeline.

I do not think its true, a quick search for Tesla said:
"There are 1,201 Tesla Superchargers locations in the United States as of November 25, 2021." Naturally can look at this.

Not read much, but it looks to be massively biased. (no surprised, really)
And I think in every state.

Last edited:
There is 8 days left of Public Comments for the

Electric Vehicle Charging Program in Infrastructure Bill.​

The Docket for this is here, with tabs for Document and Comments.
Document is here, the summary:

I saw EVgo published a 20 page letter to site (more on that below).

Encourage others to discuss and post opinions here.

I did, suggesting that ALL NEW construction be EV Ready, with space in Electrical Panel or a space for second Electrical Panel, conduit, and location reserved for charging units.
It is far cheaper to make accommodation now than tearing up structures to retrofit, and the expense of making room is trivial to retrofitting. Having the space and conduit in space is an incentive when to install.

Contemplating another for grants of $1000~2000 for installing public Level 2 chargers.

Reading what EVgo posted, this caught my eye:

I do not think its true, a quick search for Tesla said:
"There are 1,201 Tesla Superchargers locations in the United States as of November 25, 2021." Naturally can look at this.

Not read much, but it looks to be massively biased. (no surprised, really)
And I think in every state.
It rests on the definition of "public".

Reactions: RTPEV and Ampster