Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric Vehicle Infotainment Graduate Research Help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey there Tesla Forum,

I'm currently a graduate student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison's Design and Innovation program. As part of my capstone project, I'm looking to assess the user experience of infotainment systems in EVs. I'm primarily focused on Tesla's display, but I'm also extending my research across all EVs.

I would love to hear about your experiences with EV displays!

What are some aspects you love about your display?

What can't you stand?

Any information will be enormously helpful! Thank you in advance!

All the best,

Kia Pourmodheji

Hey there Tesla Forum,

I'm currently a graduate student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison's Design and Innovation program. As part of my capstone project, I'm looking to assess the user experience of infotainment systems in EVs. I'm primarily focused on Tesla's display, but I'm also extending my research across all EVs.

I would love to hear about your experiences with EV displays!

What are some aspects you love about your display?

What can't you stand?

Any information will be enormously helpful! Thank you in advance!

All the best,

Kia Pourmodheji
go visit dealers and do test drives for your self

PS you could just ask Wall St. analysts or auto marketing departments :rolleyes:

go visit dealers and do test drives for your self

PS you could just ask Wall St. analysts or auto marketing departments :rolleyes:
Hey Brando,

Thanks for the insights! I was actually thinking of doing this! With COVID this might be a little difficult, but I'm going to try to make it happen. I've been trying to connect with auto marketing departments over the past couple of weeks, but that has been a little difficult. Any advice on how I can reach either a Wall St. analyst or auto marketing department that would know a lot about EVs?

Best,

Kia

Hey Brando,

Thanks for the insights! I was actually thinking of doing this! With COVID this might be a little difficult, but I'm going to try to make it happen. I've been trying to connect with auto marketing departments over the past couple of weeks, but that has been a little difficult. Any advice on how I can reach either a Wall St. analyst or auto marketing department that would know a lot about EVs?

Best,

Kia
That purple face was for sarcasm - they mostly don't understand - much better to do your own reviews, talk to owners, ask them to show you things.
Did you watch a car ad? learn much?

Hahaha that one flew over my head:)

That's a great idea, I've been talking to some owners so far. That being said the Midwest isn't huge on EV yet so I'm having a little trouble finding people. Do you own a Tesla, if so it would be awesome to hear your perspective on the display!

Thinking it's like writing your own paper and gathering your own data.

Perhaps more later, but for starters:

1) I do miss Android auto. 2) Tesla gives you something to do when your stuck sitting in your car (sometimes too much distraction for my reading) 3) toy box shows how different a company Tesla is ...

• Helpful
Reactions: Brando
Thinking it's like writing your own paper and gathering your own data.

Perhaps more later, but for starters:

1) I do miss Android auto. 2) Tesla gives you something to do when your stuck sitting in your car (sometimes too much distraction for my reading) 3) toy box shows how different a company Tesla is ...

This is awesome! Love this insight! I'm going to look into the features you mentioned a little more, but this is a great start!

Part of my project will include writing a synopsis or reflection of my results, but I will also be applying my research to build an improved UX for the display!

Hahaha that one flew over my head:)

That's a great idea, I've been talking to some owners so far. That being said the Midwest isn't huge on EV yet so I'm having a little trouble finding people. Do you own a Tesla, if so it would be awesome to hear your perspective on the display!
best I can do - suggest looking at:
Tech Forum: https://www.youtube.com/user/crazycrutch

yes, that Saab '89 is my ride - too old, too poor (some might say to lazy) to buy a Tesla.
3,000 miles in a year now days. Still hate buying gas, paying taxes for wars.

best I can do - suggest looking at:
Tech Forum: https://www.youtube.com/user/crazycrutch

yes, that Saab '89 is my ride - too old, too poor (some might say to lazy) to buy a Tesla.
3,000 miles in a year now days. Still hate buying gas, paying taxes for wars.

Hell yeah Brando,

This is an awesome resource! This will be a HUGE help as I learn the product in detail! Thanks for this resource! If you have any other Tesla resources that you frequently visit, those would be super helpful!

Best,

Kia

I wanted electric but nothing within my budget could cover the 300 mile trip we'd been taking to the Mayo clinic twice a year.
I picked the volt for the greatest range on E of any plug in and was able to pretty much keep it electric except on those trips. I kept it at 1/2 tank of gas to save weight and only added gas on those trips.

I don't like the size of the S or X but the 3 caught my eye immediately. When I approached Tesla to get a used one, I had 2 trade in cars but they'd stopped doing that. A local place took my Volt and Sti, haven't looked back.

I wanted electric but nothing within my budget could cover the 300 mile trip we'd been taking to the Mayo clinic twice a year.
I picked the volt for the greatest range on E of any plug in and was able to pretty much keep it electric except on those trips. I kept it at 1/2 tank of gas to save weight and only added gas on those trips.

I don't like the size of the S or X but the 3 caught my eye immediately. When I approached Tesla to get a used one, I had 2 trade in cars but they'd stopped doing that. A local place took my Volt and Sti, haven't looked back.

When it comes to the display, what about the Tesla did you like that you didn't see in the Volt or Sti? Also, was there anything that you felt the Tesla was missing?