TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Electric Vehicle Quiz

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by vfx, Jul 24, 2011.

1. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

2. smorgasbord

smorgasbord Active Member

Well, the answer to #5 apparently depends on where you live. The test authors in the US apparently think quiet cars are a danger, but in the UK, they did some testing:

Quiet electric cars 'pose no danger' to visually impaired

3. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I had a problem with that question, since it assumes lack of noise is something being 'worked on' and draws the conclusion that no noise is dangerous. They aren't noisy enough. This is a serious danger for blind pedestrians, so electric car makers need to figure out what sounds to put on their cars.

4. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

I missed the one on heating an electric vehicle. I thought the resistance heat of the Tesla and my last conversion were easy and straight forward but not according to the quiz. I did better ont he next quiz on Tesla

5. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Agreed. I really haven't noticed any increase in oblivious pedestrians since driving an EV.

Plus if you're going slow enough to be really quiet, you're not a threat. You're at a walking pace.

6. shark2k

shark2k Member

Agree. I thought the same thing (though not because of a conversion or owning a Tesla). Only one I got wrong, but I also agree wit bonnie and Doug_G about the noise question.

-Shark2k

7. Ladman23

Ladman23 Member

8. S-2000 Roadster

I got all of the electric car quiz questions correct, but that's only because the stupid noise problem was the least stupid on the list. Multiple choice is always easier than other tests. The site asked if I was an electric car genius. I only got 80% of the Nikola Tesla quiz right. Obviously, anyone can get 100% if they use Wikipedia or Google, but I tried to go on what I already knew without doing research during the quiz. Good thing they didn't ask where Nikola was born, because I thought he was Italian until this past weekend!

9. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Just took the Nikola test. 10 of 10. (He was cool long before the car.)