TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Electric vehicles move closer to widespread use, experts say - Business - CBC News

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by Doug_G, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Electric vehicles move closer to widespread use, experts say - Business - CBC News

2. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

#2 RiverBrick, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    A pretty decent article, but did they say most (Canadian) EVs are fleet-owned?

3. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I have no idea what they're talking about on that one. I've not been seeing electric fleet vehicles around here anyway.

4. eMileage

eMileage Member

5. RAM_Eh

RAM_Eh Member

The Powerstream charger is a level 3 Chademo and J1772 coupler.

Does this mean we can charge?

6. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

I assumed the second plug was CCS/SAE Combo Edit: [as stated by eMileage], or whatever they're calling the standard used by BMW (and a few other companies too, but which don't sell EVs to individuals in Canada).

I wonder what 3rd-party manufacturer will be the 1st to offer a Tesla connector on their 25-50kW stations.

7. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

#7 Jaff, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    Sadly, Ms. Yates seems like one of those "experts" who neither drives, nor has much in the way of personal experience with EV's...that "fleet-owned" statement is absurd at best..:rolleyes:.

She also appears to grossly misunderstand the "leaving your garage with a full battery after an overnight charge" benefit...her quote..

"The map does show hundreds, perhaps even thousands of level 2 charging stations in Canada. But almost all of those will take four hours to charge a car."