Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrical people pls help.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m trying to get some juice to my MS at my condo. I have purchased a socket converter to get the electric to the 3 prong adapter. But it’s a two to three prong so the charger turns red and doesn’t charger. Anyone know how I can fix this? I feel there’s a work around I don’t understand.

Thanks!

Attachments

• CCEEDF7F-3781-4FFC-9BE4-159D18A98CE5.jpeg
    CCEEDF7F-3781-4FFC-9BE4-159D18A98CE5.jpeg
    346.4 KB · Views: 114
  • 0A64DF21-3A7E-4DB6-A575-368357CE61CE.jpeg
    0A64DF21-3A7E-4DB6-A575-368357CE61CE.jpeg
    359.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Funny
Reactions: BDV300
You need to run a proper ground to the breaker box, there are other mickey mouse solutions that I would not recommend because as mentioned above, risk of fire. Also, what is the AWG and length on that extension cord? Extension cords are not recommended but if you do use one make sure it has proper sizing to pull 12amps continuous for hours and hours on end.

Reactions: Rocky_H
Jesus H, stop what you’re doing right now and back away from the extension cord.

Slowly.

Sloooooowwwwly.

Thankfully the car is saving you from yourself.

Absolutely. I'm guessing that light socket wire gauge is not going to safely provide 1.5kW and who knows what else is on that circuit...let alone the amp capacity. It's clever to innovate a solution to something, but it's foolish to mess with electricity and other deadly forces when you have no idea what you're doing.

Reactions: Rocky_H