Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrical vehicles will be taxed in Victoria Australia from July 1, 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is brand new (well under 1,000km) so this is presumably why I have received no notification from Vicroads,
But I would have still expected to see an odometer reporting section in my account… where is it normally located?

My car is brand new (well under 1,000km) so this is presumably why I have received no notification from Vicroads,
But I would have still expected to see an odometer reporting section in my account… where is it normally located?
Have you got the transfer docs from vicroads yet? Potentially why you haven’t got the email

Following on from the shannigans on Twitter Tesla club about this tax. Firstly the website is a pos that won’t upload photos natively from a smartphone and secondly the tax is total bs (the fact the cross bench rolled over without negotiating is infuriating ).

Despite multiple phone calls to many Labor MPs, they don’t seem to care and fob you off. So much for a progressive government.

Dont even start me on how this screws country people who do a load of kms every month.

Despite multiple phone calls to many Labor MPs, they don’t seem to care and fob you off. So much for a progressive government.
Well, now that this is law, they are hardly going to publicly disagree with their own Government’s policy (unless they resign) or take up the fight to have it overturned or changed. And the constituency affected is not big enough to move the needle out of the noise floor. As to a “progressive government”, clearly not in this case.

The NSW Government policy seems far more enlightened, which given the Federal LNP‘s hostility towards EVs is saying something.

Reactions: AussieOwner
You think Labor will win both seats? All that matters to Zed is that he outpolls the greens and the Labor surplus, and then he gets the 2nd seat.
We are going off-topic, but for the ALP to win both Senate seats in the ACT, the ALP would need to poll 67%. Not impossible, but a very high hurdle.

Although the mechanism is different in lower-house elections, by way of comparison, the 2PP result in the recent WA State election was just shy of 70% for the ALP, the most one-sided State election result ever. Mark McGowan got 88% 2PP in his own seat. If that’s not a record, it must be very close to one.

We are going off-topic, but for the ALP to win both Senate seats in the ACT, the ALP would need to poll 67%. Not impossible, but a very high hurdle.

Although the mechanism is different in lower-house elections, by way of comparison, the 2PP result in the recent WA State election was just shy of 70% for the ALP, the most one-sided State election result ever. Mark McGowan got 88% 2PP in his own seat. If that’s not a record, it must be very close to one.
Off topic….you sure?

I have sent the good Senator an email. I was polite but direct. I don’t expect a reply, or at least I don’t expect a cogent reply that actually addresses the referenced content I put in that email.

I would encourage others that care about the transition to sustainable transportation and clean air to do likewise.

Senator Seselja

1F5EB181-C0B8-49B3-BD56-A10A5ADFD3AB.jpeg

This‘ll show ‘em!