Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • We just completed a significant update, but we still have some fixes and adjustments to make. Please see this thread for more details and to find out how to revert to the old design. Cheers!

Electrical Wiring On A Long Range Model 3

I was thinking of purchasing this plate hider for use at local car show: Electric Hide-Away License Plate Frame Kit

According to the installation instructions, One must:
  • Connect the red wire to a good 12V source;
  • Connect the orange wire to a switched ignition 12V source; and
  • Connect the green wire to a good ground.
Where can One find these points on the Model 3, long range version?

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

Akikiki

A'-Lo-HA ! y'all
Nov 26, 2012
Kaneohe, HI
You might want to know.
I've used two of the manual version. Both were installed on my first S. When I bumped one of those parking lot cigars in the middle of the parking lots, it ripped the hide-n-show off. Both times.
And my friend had the electric version on his Vette. He said he could not keep the mud out of the motor and rain puddles just flooded the motor too. Worked a while, then quit. Then he'd clean it and it worked a while again.

Best of luck to you. I hope its diff than my luck with one.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC