Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrician for wall charger in Bend, Oregon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any competent electrician will know how to wire from your closet to the location of the charger and if needed upgrade your service; then it's a matter of connecting 3 wires inside the charger. Get quotes and don't tell them it's for a car; as a market test I quoted mine to 2 electricians telling them it was for a car, and 2 others telling them it was for woodworking machines - the wiring for woodworking machine came under 50% of that of a car for some reason, in all cases. :D

It says wall connector, not outlet, so it's going to be immediately apparent it is for a car.
I guess it wasn't to the 4 electricians I got quotes from; the gauge 6 wiring is the same regardless of what the connection type is going to be...and the expensive part is not installing and wiring in the wall charger...it's the workmanhip to run the wires from the breaker box to the final location and the cost of raw materials.

I guess it wasn't to the 4 electricians I got quotes from; the gauge 6 wiring is the same regardless of what the connection type is going to be...and the expensive part is not installing and wiring in the wall charger...it's the workmanhip to run the wires from the breaker box to the final location and the cost of raw materials.
That would be true if you're only describing it over the phone to get a bid and just refer to a "240V appliance". I was thinking the electrician is there on site to see where the wire run needs to go, what it's going to have to go through and what device is going to be installed. Kind of hard to keep it hidden in that case.

Steve, did you find an electrician? I need to install one in Sunriver
I decided not to spend the bucks on a wall charger, but instead went with a 240 outlet, wired direct from my box. The electrician I used is Joe Twomey, ‭(541) 820-0428‬. He charged $250, and showed up on time, so I consider him excellent! He likely could handle the wall charger as well.