TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Electrician in Bay Area - East Bay

Discussion in 'California' started by IGotEastBay, Apr 26, 2017.

1. IGotEastBay

IGotEastBay Member

Hi all,

Does anyone have a recommendation for an electrician to install the 240 volt outlet in the Bay Area, specifically the East Bay?

What are people in the area paying for the install?

Thanks.

2. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

I do, check your PM.

Jeff

3. SMAlset

SMAlset Member

Sending you PM with another referral.

4. joeq

joeq New Member

Would love to get a referral as well. Thanks.

5. Lasttoy

Lasttoy Member

If it's in your garage you can it yourself. Watch youtube , go to depot , buy 14.50 receptacle, 40 amp breaker. Wire , go home spend a few hours, save thousand,
    You can't screw it up. Red and black go on sides , copper goes on top, green goes on bottom
    Same with CB, red and blk go on it, green and copper go to ground bus.

6. gregd

gregd Active Member

Um, you can. It's a 50 amp breaker, for starters. Presume that was a typo...

But there are a lot of things to verify about the current installation that an electrician does, besides just installing the breaker, wires, and plug. This is high power stuff, and shouldn't be taken lightly. I discovered that the main panel that was installed on our house was a type now known to fail (as in, catch fire). I wouldn't have caught that if I simply popped in the new circuit myself. Swapping it out certainly made the installation a lot more expensive, but at least I can sleep better at night.

7. newbie23

newbie23 Member

Just moved into a home in the East Bay ... any chance I could get this info for electricians and rates as well? Thanks so much!

8. Eclectic

Eclectic Member

When we got our first Tesla a few years ago we used BR Electric in Pleasanton. They are not the cheapest and the communication can be a bit slow, but the work is top quality. They cleaned up a mess another electrician made on our panel from a remodel and put in a NEMA 14-50 for the Tesla. It was meticulous work and haven't had a single issue in the 4 or so years since the work was done.

9. newbie23

newbie23 Member

Thanks for the info, getting a bid from Brian from BR electric later today.