Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrician in Bay Area - East Bay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it's in your garage you can it yourself. Watch youtube , go to depot , buy 14.50 receptacle, 40 amp breaker. Wire , go home spend a few hours, save thousand,
You can't screw it up. Red and black go on sides , copper goes on top, green goes on bottom
Same with CB, red and blk go on it, green and copper go to ground bus.

• Disagree
Reactions: newtman
If it's in your garage you can it yourself. Watch youtube , go to depot , buy 14.50 receptacle, 40 amp breaker. Wire , go home spend a few hours, save thousand,
You can't screw it up. Red and black go on sides , copper goes on top, green goes on bottom
Same with CB, red and blk go on it, green and copper go to ground bus.
Um, you can. It's a 50 amp breaker, for starters. Presume that was a typo...

But there are a lot of things to verify about the current installation that an electrician does, besides just installing the breaker, wires, and plug. This is high power stuff, and shouldn't be taken lightly. I discovered that the main panel that was installed on our house was a type now known to fail (as in, catch fire). I wouldn't have caught that if I simply popped in the new circuit myself. Swapping it out certainly made the installation a lot more expensive, but at least I can sleep better at night.

Reactions: newtman
Hi all,

Does anyone have a recommendation for an electrician to install the 240 volt outlet in the Bay Area, specifically the East Bay?

What are people in the area paying for the install?

Thanks.

When we got our first Tesla a few years ago we used BR Electric in Pleasanton. They are not the cheapest and the communication can be a bit slow, but the work is top quality. They cleaned up a mess another electrician made on our panel from a remodel and put in a NEMA 14-50 for the Tesla. It was meticulous work and haven't had a single issue in the 4 or so years since the work was done.