Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrician in Maple Ridge BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve searched this forum for this specific topic so forgive me if it’s already posted...
I’m looking to have the Tesla charger installed in our garage in Maple Ridge. Has anyone out this way had it done and can you recommend an installer? lastly what was your out of pocket expense for it?
Thanks in advance.
Rob

I’ve used Power Pros Electrical out here in Abbotsford and cost about $700 to install my Tesla Wall Charger 5 years back.

I’ve also used Windebank Electric from Mission to install a NEMA 14-50 outlet in my garage for $200 too. Both companies are reputable and know what they’re doing. Get a quote from both is my suggestion.

I used AJ's Electrical from Delta. I can't tell you the exact price paid because it was combined with the cost of replacing my panel and upgrading it from 100A > 200A. What I can tell you is I am very happy with the work they did and their communication - they also had my EV rebate form ready the next morning.

i had a guy quote $420, having another company come by today.

I like the generator idea. Do you have one now? If so what did that set up cost you?

R

It wasn’t cheap but I needed a backup generator for the multiple power outages we get on our acreage each year and my wife doesn’t know how to open our gate or garage when power does go out. Last thing I need is to get a call at work and she can’t leave the house to pick up the kids from school or if there is an emergency. The cost of the gas fitter, electrician, Briggs and Stratton generator with the transfer switch and panel was over $15K. Well worth the investment since the generator has kicked in at least a dozen times including a 5 day stretch during the freezing rain/ice storm 2 years ago.

Reactions: rkotlowski
I’ve searched this forum for this specific topic so forgive me if it’s already posted...
I’m looking to have the Tesla charger installed in our garage in Maple Ridge. Has anyone out this way had it done and can you recommend an installer? lastly what was your out of pocket expense for it?
Thanks in advance.
Rob

Hi Rob,

I'm in MR and scheduled for this upcoming week with Pacific Star Electric out of MR. Hard to compare costs as we already had line in garage, getting a sub panel and some other electric upgrades done. We did buy the Tesla Wall Connector.

Note: pretty sure we ordered the same car... SR+ White with Black Interior and Standard Tires. We ordered late on Feb 23. Keep me posted if you hear any VIN or delivery updates please!

Hi Rob,

I'm in MR and scheduled for this upcoming week with Pacific Star Electric out of MR. Hard to compare costs as we already had line in garage, getting a sub panel and some other electric upgrades done. We did buy the Tesla Wall Connector.

Note: pretty sure we ordered the same car... SR+ White with Black Interior and Standard Tires. We ordered late on Feb 23. Keep me posted if you hear any VIN or delivery updates please!

yup same car, bought around the same time. I think we got ours approx a week earlier then yours.

I looked into pacific star but didn’t hear back from them, probably me being too busy. I got a second quote from a contacting company I do some work with and they quoted me $650ish to install the wall charger.

So many other Maple Ridge Tesla owners. Just posting to say Hi

Also don't have my electricians name but I had them do 2 14-50 outlets each on their own breaker and it was around $600 cost is almost all the wire it's pretty expensive so your price will go up pretty dramatically with distance from the box. Mine is about a 5 foot run

Reactions: rkotlowski
So many other Maple Ridge Tesla owners. Just posting to say Hi

Also don't have my electricians name but I had them do 2 14-50 outlets each on their own breaker and it was around $600 cost is almost all the wire it's pretty expensive so your price will go up pretty dramatically with distance from the box. Mine is about a 5 foot run

Right back at you maple ridge!!!!

The wall charger will be installed almost directly beside the electrical panel. Luckily, ours is in our garage.

side note, for the life of me I can’t figure out how to change my avatar. How did you do it?

Rob