TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Electrician in Phoenix

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest' started by iridium, Feb 6, 2014.

1. iridium

iridium Member

Can someone recommend an electrician in the Phoenix (specifically Scottsdale) area for a home outlet installation?

2. rsquared99

rsquared99 Member

I used an electrician from Castlegate (castlegateliving.com) to install my HPC. Personable young man who seemed to know his stuff.

3. matthelm

matthelm Member

Swenson Electric
    8440 E Cholla ST

Scottsdale AZ 85260-6610

Office 480-483-9317
    Cell 602-397-8674 ("Guy" - Owner)

Also listed on Angie's List.

Casey and David installed a 14-50 outlet in my garage which included running some conduit, installing an additional breaker, etc. My particular situation ended up being roughly $350 parts and labor.

They were very professional, quick, showed up on time, and completely cleaned up after.

They claimed they've done a number of Tesla related residential installs, and also had a contract to do some electrical work at the Scottsdale Tesla Service Center.

Highly Recommended.

4. jomo25

jomo25 P4398

Sean Lapointe of Mr. Electric. Did an amazing job with my condo install. I found him through Solar City. I contacted them as they were the official partners fir Tesla but weren't doing condo installs in PHX yet. So they put me in touch with Mr. electric and Sean was awesome. He helped pit my proposal though our HOA board and did the install once it was approved. My highest recommendation.

Sean LaPointe
    Mr Electric PHX
    480-503-1339

5. matthelm

matthelm Member

I should probably be a bit more clear on the above. When Swenson Electric came to install my 14-50, they asked if this was for a Tesla (I hadn't yet received my car). I said yes, and they said that they had done some electrical work on the then, yet to be opened, Scottsdale Tesla Service Center. My guess is that the job was probably at the request of Tesla's landlord. This was their claim to me, and I have not verified it.

In short, Swenson is *not* in a current working relationship with the Scottsdale Service Center.

I personally recommend Swenson however for your residential needs, and a tip of the hat to Tesla for making owning an electric car so easy. All you need is a qualified electrician that knows how to install a plain, old 14-50 outlet. Easy.