TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Electrician in Racine, WI (NEMA 14-50)

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by odguy, Jun 30, 2016.

1. odguy

odguy Member

Hi all, I just ordered a MS (first EV ever), so I will need to have installed the NEMA 14-50 outlet soon in the garage. On the "find an electrician" page on the Tesla site it links to a company that does not serve my area. Does anyone have experience with an electrician in this area? I would like to find someone that does good work at a fair price, not sure if I should just pick random local electricians, get some estimates and hope for the best? TIA

2. Three60guy

Three60guy Member

hi fellow Racine person. I almost flipped when i saw your Racine location. I live right off Green Bay Rd in Mount Pleasant. Also, we just took delivery yesterday of a brand new Red model S 70D. And then I see yuour post here this morning. I will give you the name of the electrician we used to install our service.

Art Harmann. His direct to cell number is 262-989-0910. He dis a great job installing my 240 volt 40 amp service.

I would also like to meet up with you. (to show off the new gem). (grin) please send me a private messagewith your contact info and a time best to call.

Cheers

3. Dithermaster

Dithermaster Member

Woot! Glad to see more WI Tesla owners!

4. JPUConn

JPUConn Member

[QUOTE="Three60guy, post: 1610494, member: 49659"
    He dis a great job installing my 240 volt 40 amp service.
    [/QUOTE]

Be sure the outlet is wired to a 50 amp breaker with proper gauge wiring (6 awg copper) as it will be pulling 40 amp continuous not just peak and requires the overhead.