TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Electrician Needed... Car arrives in 1 - 2 weeks (!) We are ahead of schedule (!)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by macd1995, Sep 8, 2015.

1. macd1995

macd1995 Member

For those who had a NEMA 14-50 installed, can you suggest an electrician? I am hoping you can recommend someone who did a great job for you. I live in Brooklyn.

I am in a condo and I am looking to run 100ft of wires to my spot in the garage from my home meter.
    Thanks for your help!!

2. CatB

CatB Member

Nice problem to have :)
    i am not in your area, so can't help with finding an electrician, but am curious: was it difficult to get your condo association's permission to install?
    Some localities make it hard and some make it easy, hope yours was the latter!

3. macd1995

macd1995 Member

I was condo president for 3 years, so I am very familiar with current board members and I hired the management company + our Super- so we are all on very good relations.
    That being said, i still need to wait as much as two weeks for the proposal to be reviewed. I am hoping it moves quickly. My bigger concern is actually getting my garage (separate ownership) to agree to terms w/o charging me a fee despite me running the electricity directly from my apt meter.

4. shadowinstallz

Congrats! I did my own, but if it's a straight run, shouldn't be that hard for any electrician to do. If u need lighting done for you model s or anything let me know, I can help.

5. shadowinstallz

Pm me and I can recommend an electrician in our area....they can give u a quote.