TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Electrician Plymouth, MI area

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by Citidream, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Citidream

Citidream Member

Does anyone know of an electrician who can install NEMA 14-50 outlet around the Plymouth, MI area? I'm having a lot of difficulty even getting a call back from companies. I've only had one come out for an estimate so far but they haven't "emailed" me their estimate yet and it's been a week. Getting worried as I'm less then 2 weeks from delivery. Thanks for any all the help!

2. timf

timf Member

I received an estimate from Streamline Electric to install a plug for my i3 and future Model X that was pretty reasonable. They said they've done a lot of installs for Teslas and have availability next week.

3. tomsModelS

tomsModelS Member

I had a good experience (Farmington Hillside) getting a 14-50 installed with Rob Lietzau of RNZ Electric, tel:248-379-8410

4. scharlesjr

scharlesjr Member

Anyone care to share the price they paid for their charging home install?

5. FabioFognini

FabioFognini Member

My install is scheduled for this Friday. I've been quoted ~$300 for running the wire from the basement (where my panel is) to the garage (about a 75ft run). Because my panel only had 100A total service, I also need it upgraded to accommodate the new 50A circuit breaker. That upgrade is an additional ~$700, for a total of about $1000

• Informative x 1
  6. scharlesjr

scharlesjr Member

Who is the electrician you're using? And post pics of the final job. Thank You!!!!!!