Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrician Recommendation for Chicagoland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had my Tesla Wall Connector installed today by Howard Simons from Skokie (Yelp, Google, Facebook), and he was amazing. Not only did he quote the lowest price by far out of all the companies I had connected, but he also came over a couple weeks before the installation to survey my home. I think my case was one of the trickier ones, and yet his price and quality of work were absolutely great, and all done in a single day. He's done plenty of Tesla WC installs before and didn't cut any corners. Even routed conduit into the WC from behind - all pipes run inside the garage walls, and the WC just "floats" there on the wall now. Very neat!

He had to run 60ft of #6 wire (3 cables) and a ground wire through existing 3/4" underground metal conduit. A tight fit and a lot of pushing and pulling around several bends and curves! He installed a sub panel in the garage, routed more conduit through studs and around corners, and rewired my outlets, lights, and garage door motor to the new sub panel. Used 60A breakers and the WC configured itself to the highest possible spec (48A at 240V / 11.5kW).

Again, couldn't have been happier with him. 2 visits, all labor and parts needed, several consultative phone calls: $1,200.

Other quotes were as much as 3-4x as much...

Last edited: