TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

electrician recommendation for HPWC in phoenix?

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest' started by ambphx, Oct 5, 2015.

1. ambphx

ambphx New Member

Tesla website lists two "tesla recommended" electricians on their website; wondering if anyone in phoenix/Scottsdale has any experience with either of them? I'm looking to get a HPWC installed - just ordered my 90D and now I've got until "December" per the website to get my charging set up....

Castle Gate Electric and G&S Electric are the two that are listed on the Tesla website.

thx in advance,
    adam

2. nh-srt8

nh-srt8 Member

Castle Gate installed my HPWC in Carefree. Was the first HPWC installed here and worked with the code department to make sure they were comfortable. They also was able to change their schedule to install on a few days notice since my schedule delivery was shortened. I would use them again.

3. iridium

iridium Member

I used Castle Gate as well.. did a great job.

4. MyJoule

MyJoule Member

I used Castigate in Tucson, and they did a great job, They had to do some special calculations to get the HPWC to not show an overload on my panel, I have a J1772 charger also since we have two EVs. Only issue I had with them was the trip charge, but that was fair, their guy had to come from Phoenix to Tucson, so that was an extra few hours of charges. They even came out recently and replaced the cable on the HPWC since it's under warranty with the car.

5. Bulldog Kyle

Bulldog Kyle Local Vendor - Mountain/Southwest

Castle Gate for sure.

6. ambphx

ambphx New Member

thanks all, met with ted from castle gate, seems nice. scheduled the install for next week. hopefully will be smooth....

now just have to wait for delivery......:eek:

7. asudan

asudan Member

Curious what have you been quoted for the installation?

8. map724

map724 Member

I used Castle Gate (contact Ted) as well, but had a very long distance from my breaker box to the garage. They had to trench my front yard in the process, as well as pulling a permit with Phoenix. All-in, cost me just shy of 2 grand, but worth every penny to have the job done right, including having my yard and irrigation system put back the way it's supposed. Had a quote from another guy who wanted to run the conduit up through the walls of my house, through the attic, and then drop it into the garage. That quote was around $800 but did not include permit, drywall repair, drywall painting (in 3 separate rooms), etc. I understand that if your breaker box is on the outside of your garage and you have room for a 50amp then the cost is somewhere south of $750.

9. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

Autocorrect can be a beeyotch, even if very funny.

10. asudan

asudan Member

Thank you all. My company is an electrical contractor so I'll have a couple of my guys do the job but I was curious what others were fetching for it. We don't generally do residential but I can put my best guys on it and I am sure they will do great. Now we have to figure out if we want to go through the house, or stay outside to the garage. Decisions, decisions.