Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrician recommendation in greater Boston

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla installation team beat my local electrician's price. Get a quote from them, ask your used vehicle sales advisor to hook you up.

and get quotes from the local reputable electrician. Then go from there.

Are you installing a Tesla wall charger?

Can folks please recommend electricians in greater Boston area for 14-50 NEMA? Also price range for getting this done? Thanks!
As an electrical engineer with decades of wiring experience, my 14-50 NEMA was a self-install. Make sure you get at least 3 quotes because you'll discover a wide price range. Tell electrician you want #6 copper wire if not a very long distance from circuit breaker panel. Charging at 240V at 40 amps is so much faster than a typical Chargepoint station delivering only 208V at 30 amps!

The Tesla installation team beat my local electrician's price. Get a quote from them, ask your used vehicle sales advisor to hook you up.

and get quotes from the local reputable electrician. Then go from there.

Are you installing a Tesla wall charger?
I agree, unless your insktall is super easy, Tesla is the way to go. Their standard price is $1500 including the wall connector. My install was a little more because of a 130 foot wiring run. Their price beat the cheapest local electrician by $1000. Other quotes were 2 to 3X as much.
Plus Tesla gets proper permits and an inspection. And they warranty the install for 4 years.

I agree, unless your insktall is super easy, Tesla is the way to go. Their standard price is $1500 including the wall connector. My install was a little more because of a 130 foot wiring run. Their price beat the cheapest local electrician by $1000. Other quotes were 2 to 3X as much.
Plus Tesla gets proper permits and an inspection. And they warranty the install for 4 years.

Waiting on our Model 3. We are looking at install at a recently purchased condo in Westford - assuming no objections. It's a very small complex - 7 homes - with a shared, detached garage. I found this thread looking for an electrician.

I figure about a 160 ft run from our meter to that shared garage. I don't know if there is conduit running to the garage and, if so, whether it could accommodate another cable. Depending on the size of the existing conduit and the overall capacity, I might be limited to as low as a 15amp circuit - still OK for my needs.

But Tesla, for a couple of reasons, won't do multi-unit buildings. They referred me to Evercharge. But that's a lot of overhead for one person. And I might need a commercial electrician for the install.

Well, "Greater Boston" is a big area but in Metro West, I highly recommend Scott Mahaney, RS Mahaney Electric, (617) 592-8227, [email protected]. He has done 14-50's and HPWC's for other Tesla owners.

Tell him Greg from Monday night golf sent you.

We had Scott come out to see what we could do at our condo. Unfortunately the answer is "nothing" unless we undertake a lot of digging. But we were impressed with Scott and would have no qualms with using him.