Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrician recommendation in MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just placed an order for Red LR AWD Model Y on 10/9.
I plan to purchase Tesla L3 charger and get it installed.
This will be our first Tesla.
I am planning on getting a new 60 AMP circuit.
we have finished basement so it will require some effort to pull the wire into the garage.
Debating if I should get an addition outlet/wire installed at the same time for any future electric car.
Labor cost many not increase significantly if I have 1 new circuit or 2.
I know I can find an electrician using Tesla website.
I am hoping someone from MN can recommend an electrician they used to get similar install.

Thanks

As an electrician, I can tell you I would charge you basically twice as much for two circuits vs one.

I think one 60a circuit will be plenty, even if you want two cars at once. A 50 amp circuit will still be plenty, but I would suggest running 6-2 or 6-3 to it, because the 50 amp outlet gives you a little more flexibility.

I just placed an order for Red LR AWD Model Y on 10/9.
I plan to purchase Tesla L3 charger and get it installed.
This will be our first Tesla.
I am planning on getting a new 60 AMP circuit.
we have finished basement so it will require some effort to pull the wire into the garage.
Debating if I should get an addition outlet/wire installed at the same time for any future electric car.
Labor cost many not increase significantly if I have 1 new circuit or 2.
I know I can find an electrician using Tesla website.
I am hoping someone from MN can recommend an electrician they used to get similar install.

Thanks

I'd recommend using the "Find an electrician" tool on Tesla:

Find an Electrician

I used Find and Electrician and contacted 7 MN based installers. I already talked with one of them. Based on my layout I got the quote of $1500 estimate. This was for new wiring and installing Tesla charger. I asked them for additional circuit and they told me that they can put in an additional circuit for cost of material and there will be no additional labor.