TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Electrician recommendation: North Austin/Round Rock area

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Zaphod, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

I did a quick search here but didn't come up with anything. Using Tesla's website for recommended electricians doesn't have many options; Smart Charge America, Grayzer Electric, and Texas Solar Power Company. Anyone have experience with any of these? Other companies that I should contact? Appreciate any recommendations.

2. Boourns

Boourns Member

I used Smart Charge. I believe they contracted out to a local electrician, so I don't know if the experience will translate. They did good work, but I probably overpaid and communication was not great. I'd look elsewhere first.

3. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

I found my Dallas-area electrician on Angie's List. He was great.

4. RedRaider

RedRaider Member

5. DriverOne

DriverOne Supporting Member

Grazyer did a great install for me back in 2013. Best of 3 proposal ideas for a lengthy cable run; cheapest quote, too.

6. thenaimis

thenaimis Member

Mine was done by Green Light electric, though I did end up having to take the apprentice guy to the urgent care facility when he brought the pile driver down into his shin :confused:
    They were on Tesla's list at the time (2014), curious why they're not there now

7. nostik

nostik Member

Just got mine done through SmartCharge and they did a fantastic job.

8. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Should be good start for now. Any other further recommendations are appreciated.

Hoping to figure out least painful method as breaker box is on the outside of the house on the complete opposite corner from the garage.