TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Electrician recommendations in Northern NJ?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Zidarich, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Zidarich

Zidarich Member

Hey all,

Need to get a NEMO 14-50 installed for my arriving Tesla. Anyone in Northern NJ (I’m in Essex County) have any recs on electricians they used? Would love to know what everyone paid as well.

Thanks!

2. GreenDarren

GreenDarren Member

Every job will be different because it will depend upon how your electric is set up to begin with. I had to put a 100amp sub panel in my garage, so I could put in 2 NEMO 14-50's. I highly recommend doing 2 at the same time if you have a 2 car garage of course. Set yourself up for any future vehicles. I used Kreder Electric out of New Providence. (908) 447-0895‬.

3. ckwong

ckwong Member

I agree with GreenDarren, everybody has a different setup so cost will vary. But I went with Mike from Gladiator Electric. I had received a few quotes before using him and he was very professional and knew what he was doing. I installed a HPWC with a NEMA 14-30 as a back-up.