Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrician Recommendations in SF Bay Area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking for a few electricians in the SF Bay Area. I've reached out to a handful on Thumbtack, but I'm getting a wide variety of information and quotes. They're all saying very different things, and I'd love to just stick to someone who is trustworthy and is credible.

I have a detached garage on the opposite side of my lot (5,000 sq ft) as my electrical panel. The garage sub panel looks very weak (15amp breaker), and my main box is kind of far away, and would probably need a trench (non-concrete) for a dedicated line.

I intend to get a 220v NEMA 14-50 outlet installed in the garage. I got one estimate for $8,000! I'm going to get a few other estimates to figure it out, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to pay 8 grand for this thing.

I used t-1electric several years ago to install a 70A connection for a Roadster EVSE. I have a detached garage also diagonally from my electrical panel. He put PVC piping down to reach my garage (uphill) so no trenching required. Total cost was $1750 but this was in 2011.

T 1 Electric Inc

Yes above ground - I have ivy as groundcover so it's not as noticeable - I guess if you have grass, landscaping, etc. then you'd want a trench.

Yeah that makes sense. I might just go rent that trenching machine from Home Depot and carve one out myself ahead of time. I just hope the route I take will work for the electrician. It's also so cheap to just buy a bunch of PVC wire conduit. I could just lay all that down and then wait for them to come run the wires through it.

I'm looking for a few electricians in the SF Bay Area. I've reached out to a handful on Thumbtack, but I'm getting a wide variety of information and quotes. They're all saying very different things, and I'd love to just stick to someone who is trustworthy and is credible.

I have a detached garage on the opposite side of my lot (5,000 sq ft) as my electrical panel. The garage sub panel looks very weak (15amp breaker), and my main box is kind of far away, and would probably need a trench (non-concrete) for a dedicated line.

I intend to get a 220v NEMA 14-50 outlet installed in the garage. I got one estimate for $8,000! I'm going to get a few other estimates to figure it out, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to pay 8 grand for this thing.
Which kind of wiring and conduit is used for the subpanel?