TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Electrician recommendations - Ottawa

Discussion in 'Canada' started by kenny0036, Apr 13, 2014.

1. kenny0036

kenny0036 New Member

Hi Everyone,

1) Anyone know if Tesla will takes off the $8500 (Ontario rebates) at the time of invoicing/delivery?
    2) Any recommendation for electricians in Ottawa area? :biggrin:

2. Peter_M

Peter_M Member

1. No, Tesla will partially fill out the forms and either leave them with you to complete or send them in on your behalf. You have to pay full price and get the rebates back later.
    2. I was happy with Greely Electric (they upgraded my service and panel from 100A to 200A), but I'd suggest getting at least 3 quotes - prices vary widely. I talked to 7 electricians before I found one I was happy with.

For the rebate forms, I'd suggest you take them home at delivery and send them in yourself. The Tesla delivery people are very busy and may take several days/weeks to send them in for you. And don't forget about the charging equipment rebate (1/2 of your costs up to $1000).

3. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Greely is probably a good choice... But get LOTS of quotes. When I got my Roadster HPC installed and panel upgraded I got four quotes and the cost difference was nearly 3X. The highest was over $7000. Ludicrous.