Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrician recommendations - Ottawa

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. No, Tesla will partially fill out the forms and either leave them with you to complete or send them in on your behalf. You have to pay full price and get the rebates back later.
2. I was happy with Greely Electric (they upgraded my service and panel from 100A to 200A), but I'd suggest getting at least 3 quotes - prices vary widely. I talked to 7 electricians before I found one I was happy with.

For the rebate forms, I'd suggest you take them home at delivery and send them in yourself. The Tesla delivery people are very busy and may take several days/weeks to send them in for you. And don't forget about the charging equipment rebate (1/2 of your costs up to $1000).

I had my NEMA 14-50 installed by Watson Electrical for about $775 (including inspection and HST). They weren’t the cheapest of the quotes I got, but I’m 100% happy I went with them. They’ve done lots of Tesla installations, were super professional, left the place super clean. No issues whatsoever and I would highly recommend at least calling them for a quote if you need electrical work in the Ottawa region for your EV.