Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrician reference - Atlanta/greater Atlanta area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hired TE for my NEMA 14-50 outlet despite the high price. They required the city inspection, which as someone else has said, took all of 30 seconds.

To reach my electrical panel, I had a long run through two interior walls and down through the basement. I paid about $1000 all-in. I believe that's probably 30-40% more than a cheaper company, but TE had good reviews and I have no complaint with the work that was done.

If you get TE to do the wall connector, get the hardware from Tesla in advance. TE wanted $625 for the wall connector, which is sold at Tesla for $500.

I guess I’m unable to PM anyone since I’m new to TMC forums. Anyone have any updated installer recommendations? I called and texted the number for Marcos Palmeros and there wasn’t a voicemail setup and no response to text even though it shows ”delivered.” Maybe he has a different number now. Can someone confirm his current contact info?

I’m in the Marietta West Cobb area if anyone has a fair priced recent install they could provide some info on it would be greatly appreciated. Looking to get a Tesla wall connector installed at the house.

Installed both my wall charger and a Blink Level 2 unit for my daughter's Volt. Already had the wire at my office, so just had to purchase the conduit and breakers. No, was not permitted but we are not planning on selling any time soon. It was done to code though.

However, the commercial company I use for larger project at my office, recommended the following for residential work.

Brian Lyles

I had him out to look at one thing, but have not hired for anything myself.

WallConnectorInstalled.jpg

I am also looking for an electrician to install the Wall Connector in the Suwanee/John's Creek area. Any recommendation would be appreciated

Watching this thread not only for recommendation but also saw Ninkorn, you are in Suwanee/John's Creek area. That's where my wife and I want to relocate to later this year! My wife has like a bajillion homes she pins on Zillow/Redfin in Suwanee, JC, Cummings, and Alpharetta. I digress, but feel free to PM with your thoughts on living in GA!

• Funny
Reactions: ninkorn and ChrisC
I guess I’m unable to PM anyone since I’m new to TMC forums. Anyone have any updated installer recommendations? I called and texted the number for Marcos Palmeros and there wasn’t a voicemail setup and no response to text even though it shows ”delivered.” Maybe he has a different number now. Can someone confirm his current contact info?

I’m in the Marietta West Cobb area if anyone has a fair priced recent install they could provide some info on it would be greatly appreciated. Looking to get a Tesla wall connector installed at the house.
who did you get it installed by ?

Recommendation for Tim at Reliable below.

He was real honest and told me exactly which parts of the other more expensive quotes were nice to have but unnecessary that they put in just to upsell. Cost me just over $1k for the install with him (compared to over $3k for some others)

My install was from more than 50ft away in the basement, so should be much less for those lucky enough to have their panel closer to the install location.

Tim Broome
Reliable Heating and Air
Mobile: 470-989-1423
Office: 770-594-9969

Recommendation for Tim at Reliable below.

He was real honest and told me exactly which parts of the other more expensive quotes were nice to have but unnecessary that they put in just to upsell. Cost me just over $1k for the install with him (compared to over $3k for some others)

My install was from more than 50ft away in the basement, so should be much less for those lucky enough to have their panel closer to the install location.

Tim Broome
Reliable Heating and Air
Mobile: 470-989-1423
Office: 770-594-9969

Hi there, did you like the quality of work from Reliable? I'm gonna pursue getting a second quote from them to compare my options.

I wound up having TE Certified do the installation - it was about $1500 all-in. I also had them performing some other minor circuit run for our basement and the quality of work all around was excellent.

PS - I believe it's in another massive thread about Wall Connector requirements, but TE installed 6AWG "SER" wiring (in-wall) which is very similar to Romex but rated for full 60 amps, unlike NM-B, as well as a double-pole 60A breaker. Thus, my Wall Connector is running at the maximum setting with no issues... so ask for that cabling should you go with someone other than TE.

Reactions: myopic_MrB
Hey all,

I'm on the lookout for local electricians to get a Wall Connector installed in the upcoming months. I'm in the Johns Creek/Cumming area. Anyone have a good contact, and how long was your installation time? Looking to install the Connector right beside my panel to cut on costs. Thanks!