Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrician to Install Wall Connector in Austin

saltguy

Aug 28, 2019
North Carolina
Moving into a new home! Was wondering if anyone had any experience/recommendations for electricians that could install a wall connector in our garage. The panel is in the garage, so shouldn't be super complex, but would prefer a referral from someone as opposed to a claim from an electrician that they've done the wall connector installation before.

Also, what sort of costs do you think I'm looking at?

brkaus

Jul 8, 2014
Austin, TX
Thanks, I have actually reached out to them for some other work. How much did they charge for your installation?
It was a long time ago, but I believe it was around $1300, including wall connector, wiring approx 2ft through limestone wall, a meter can for the AE360 pilot plan, and permits/inspection. The meter pan added around $300.

Installation costs are going to vary greatly depending on what they need to do. I'm trying to get a 50a panel put in for a spa and that's looking like $4500.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC