Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrician to Install Wall Connector in Austin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moving into a new home! Was wondering if anyone had any experience/recommendations for electricians that could install a wall connector in our garage. The panel is in the garage, so shouldn't be super complex, but would prefer a referral from someone as opposed to a claim from an electrician that they've done the wall connector installation before.

Also, what sort of costs do you think I'm looking at?

Thanks, I have actually reached out to them for some other work. How much did they charge for your installation?
It was a long time ago, but I believe it was around $1300, including wall connector, wiring approx 2ft through limestone wall, a meter can for the AE360 pilot plan, and permits/inspection. The meter pan added around $300.

Installation costs are going to vary greatly depending on what they need to do. I'm trying to get a 50a panel put in for a spa and that's looking like $4500.

Grayzer gave me a hilariously overpriced quote. Close to 2x what other licensed electricians are quoting me. Beware.
Grayzer gave me a quote of $1000 for 14-50 connection to be installed just next to the box in garage. I felt its too much as the quote was just add it next to the box. Is there anyone who are more reasonable in Austin for a 14-50 installation?

If you are willing to install it yourself, there is a YouTube video from Mr Money Mustache (MMM) about how to install it.
Search Youtube for: "mmm ev charger install" and he explains the process. Be careful!

This post is not a recommendation but to provide another option. The YouTube link was not posted because not 100% if it is ok to put the link in this forum.
**Newbie post** :)

If you are willing to install it yourself, there is a YouTube video from Mr Money Mustache (MMM) about how to install it.
Search Youtube for: "mmm ev charger install" and he explains the process. Be careful!

This post is not a recommendation but to provide another option. The YouTube link was not posted because not 100% if it is ok to put the link in this forum.
**Newbie post** :)
Ty, I am looking for a electrician who can add 14-50 outlet. Got quotes from few, but all are $1000+
PS: I cannot do it myself 😜

Grayzer gave me a quote of $1000 for 14-50 connection to be installed just next to the box in garage. I felt its too much as the quote was just add it next to the box. Is there anyone who are more reasonable in Austin for a 14-50 installation?
Did you eventually find somebody for your 14-50 installation? if yes please recommend . I am looking for the same and all seem to be little high.

I went with "Smart Charge America".

Their prices were expensive as other quotes, but they give you all the incentive forms so you can quickly get your rebate from Austin Energy. Between that the the federal tax credits, my net installation cost was very low.