Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electricians in Westchester NY? Con Edison home charging incentives?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

rdmdriving

RN1159 MX Plaid MSM/Wh 20
Jul 21, 2018
Westchester, NY
Hi folks. I’m a newbie here in Westchester County NY with M3 on order (LR AWD, EAP, 19”, MSM).

Delivery window has me down for Sept - Nov 2018 timeframe. We shall see.

Any recommendations for electrician who knows his/her/their way around home charging installs? I need to figure out whether we’re doing 14-50 or HPWC, whether the very long run from basement breaker box to perfect spot in garage is cost effective vs a driveway install in a different area which is sub optimal but probably adequate. Anyway, just need some good advice, fair pricing and proven experience. If you’re an electrician, feel free to reach out and if you’re an owner with a good recommendation then please post it.

Also, does anyone know if Con Edison (the power provider in this neck of the woods) offers any love to customers doing an install? Incentives, credits, etc. Any alternative or competitive electricity providers in this area that do?

How’s it going @rdmdriving? I just came across your post. My electrician, Carlos (‭1-914-707-3780‬) has done a number of the wall connector installs. He is a Pro and is able to place it anywhere.
Personally, I opted for the outside mount on my house but he was also willing to run the line to a post but that requires digging a trench to burry the wire.

Call him up.

Brian

Hey Brian, thanks for that info. After I posted I sent an inquiry to Tesla via the website and learned that Tesla actually does offer installation of the Tesla Wall Charger themselves in our area and I opted to go that route. They gave me a very competitive quote given the length of the run and the fact that it was a combination in-wall and buried conduit as well as post-install drywall repair and paint. They did a really good job. It took them longer than they (or I expected) but they got it done. Now all I need is my dang Model 3! The order still shows delivery in the Sept - Nov timeframe.
/

Hi folks. I’m a newbie here in Westchester County NY with M3 on order (LR AWD, EAP, 19”, MSM).

Delivery window has me down for Sept - Nov 2018 timeframe. We shall see.

Any recommendations for electrician who knows his/her/their way around home charging installs? I need to figure out whether we’re doing 14-50 or HPWC, whether the very long run from basement breaker box to perfect spot in garage is cost effective vs a driveway install in a different area which is sub optimal but probably adequate. Anyway, just need some good advice, fair pricing and proven experience. If you’re an electrician, feel free to reach out and if you’re an owner with a good recommendation then please post it.

Also, does anyone know if Con Edison (the power provider in this neck of the woods) offers any love to customers doing an install? Incentives, credits, etc. Any alternative or competitive electricity providers in this area that do?

The only credit I got was the federal credit up to $1,000 for the install. You can sign up for smart charge rewards which will give you $25 a month during peak months (summer) to charge during non-peak hours. You will have to install their monitoring device in your M3, not hard at all with my MX.