Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electricity is $5/gallon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The most interesting thing to look at in those data is heat rate of Natural Gas Combined Cycle (CCGT) and compare it to the others:
7,652btu/kWh is 44.59% efficiency.
No doubt that NG CCGT is more efficient than other fossil fuel combustion methods but I cannot think of a good reason why all the plants operating at much lower efficiencies should be ignored. Unless you have a personal NG CCGT in your garage, a fairer comparison would be a residential generator that combusts petrol. Their efficiency is ~ 10 - 15% IIRC

I filled my Tesla while tearing the clothes off my girlfriend last night, your move CricTic :cool:

Have fun trying to avoid that puddle of diesel the idiot left 5 cars before you.. (I had that happen when filling my ICE Jeep and it sucked..)

Maybe you big ego guys should settle this with a race for titles. Find out which car is faster. How about Atlanta to Miami?

How about the the next light :p Not in a hurry to get to Miami and enjoy using the energy my roof provides on a daily basis.. but I see your point.

I cant remember the last time I met someone at a gas station who shared the same passion and had an interesting conversation for 10 minutes..

They are building one and the Tesla website list the location. People can drive by and see the progress.

Philadelphia, PA | Tesla

Seems like there are active superchargers around Philadelphia next to the 95.

View attachment 321515
Umm, I think the people in this area know where the superchargers are being built.

Where do you get off assuming you know what is going on out here?

Umm, I think the people in this area know where the superchargers are being built.

Where do you get off assuming you know what is going on out here?
I'm not assuming anything, all I'm doing is providing information that is listed on Tesla's web page. It lists where active superchargers are and where one is being built in the Philadelphia area. I don't know why doing this bothers you. Not everyone is aware of information that is out there.

I may not live in Philadelphia but if I ever drive there I will know exactly where to stop to charge.

Seems like there are active superchargers around Philadelphia next to the 95.

This hurts my ears. We don't call roads "the" anything around here. It's just 95. or maybe I-95.

They are building one and the Tesla website list the location. People can drive by and see the progress.

They are? Where? Where can people drive by and "see the progress"? The pinpoint on that map is just the centroid of the city of Philadelphia. That pin drop location on the map is probably the worst possible location for a SC in the City of Philadelphia.

I may not live in Philadelphia but if I ever drive there I will know exactly where to stop to charge.

There are currently only two active superchargers near Philadelphia.
  • Newark, DE which is about 45 miles southwest of Philadelphia.
  • Burlington, NJ which is about 30 miles northeast of Phildelphia, and requires a Delaware River bridge crossing
Neither one of those is the least bit convenient to someone travelling to, from or around Philadelphia, unless they happen to be passing through Newark or Burlington on their way.

There are two more in process of being built:

• King of Prussia, PA -- 20 miles Nortwest of the city, and not really a convenient drive to get to. It's well outside of the city
  • Deptford, NJ -- 12 miles away, but again, requires a Delaware river crossing and toll.

As of right now, there's nothing being built in the City of Philadelphia.

upload_2018-7-31_16-19-46.png

Reactions: GlmnAlyAirCar
This hurts my ears. We don't call roads "the" anything around here. It's just 95. or maybe I-95.
Funny because I have exactly the opposite problem. Whenever Americans leave out words it grates terribly on me. "She wrote me while travelling down 95" just seems grammatically incorrect. "She wrote to me while travelling down the 95" is how it would be written here. People are different.

Reactions: bay74
Funny because I have exactly the opposite problem. Whenever Americans leave out words it grates terribly on me. "She wrote me while travelling down 95" just seems grammatically incorrect. "She wrote to me while travelling down the 95" is how it would be written here.
I say "the" hospital, but in many places in the world they simply say hospital.

Reactions: Lasairfion
Funny because I have exactly the opposite problem. Whenever Americans leave out words it grates terribly on me. "She wrote me while travelling down 95" just seems grammatically incorrect. "She wrote to me while travelling down the 95" is how it would be written here. People are different.

I might be wrong, but as far as I know (in the US), only in California do they say "the 101" or "the 405".

Expand the abbreviations and dropped words. Which sounds correct now:

"She wrote to me while travelling down the interstate highway 95" or "She wrote to me while travelling down interstate highway 95?"