TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Electricity providers in SE PA

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by pdq, Sep 23, 2016.

1. pdq

pdq Member

Jul 1, 2015
    Good afternoon.

I live outside Philadelphia and have electric distribution through PECO. I've spent a fair bit of time trying to find a electric generating company that goes through PECO that has a day time rate and a different/lower night time rate that I could use in re-charging my car. The people at PECO have been of no help, so I'm hoping that someone on this forum knows of a company with this type of program.

In advance, many thanks,

2. PatD

PatD Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Broomall, PA
    There isn't anyone in the area that does a rate based on time of day. Best you can do is find a cheap supplier via It's gotten so easy to switch around, I do whoever has the cheapest FIXED rate (Usually an intro rate for three months) and use them. Then when I get the paperwork about a month before the expiration showing the intro rate will (usually) double, I go to the next one on the list. My rate has been pretty consistently around $.05-.06 for a good while now.