Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Electrified Garage!! The First 3rd Party Tesla/EV Service Center now in Southern New Hampshire!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the reply, understand the ICE conflict. Would be nice to find a shop where I didn't feel the need to check the lift or call out torque specs for Model S lug nuts. Perhaps TMC members within range of your EV Garage can message a few knowledgeable places.
Word of mouth is king. People that have had positive experiences would definitely be welcome to provide feedback.

No one outside Tesla and certified body shops (very limited abilities) has access to Tesla specific diagnostic software. Tools can be made easily. Massachusetts right to repair does absolutely nothing to help this situation even if we were in Massachusetts. Tesla has stonewalled everyone on this topic even after being sued!
We have alternatives that aren’t available to the general public for use to enable us to still get things done as well as having 14+ years of experience working on them, most things aren’t a surprise anymore. If you’re out of warranty or salvage then we can get things reprogrammed.

Also most of what you’d need diagnostic software for is parts that are restricted anyways so we can’t buy the parts so no real need for the software. However we can buy unrestricted parts using the owners VIN.
That's about what I figured. Good luck! One day I might come visit (especially if I get to meet Rich - is this his full time gig now?).

I met the EV Tuning guys last summer at the New London Drive Electric Week expo (they brought their Model 3). They seemed like an enthusiastic and nice crew.

That's about what I figured. Good luck! One day I might come visit (especially if I get to meet Rich - is this his full time gig now?).

I met the EV Tuning guys last summer at the New London Drive Electric Week expo (they brought their Model 3). They seemed like an enthusiastic and nice crew.
We will be having some days where Rich will specifically be at the shop to meet with customers and talk shop with owners. He won't be there full time initially.... technicians take precedence for making sure they get paid. Rich and myself will keep our day jobs until the shop is self-sufficient enough that we can take a salary from it.

You would have met myself and Beau at the New London event last year. You wouldn't recognize the car anymore as we went and did a more traditional wrap on it. Thank you for the kind words and support! You're welcome anytime.
IMG_0852.jpg

Reactions: Tdreamer and tga
Shop should be full operational by the end of April. We will have top of the line equipment, dedicated Tesla Loaner vehicles, and service the way it used to be at Tesla back in 2012/2013. 2019 should be an exciting year especially where the RI and North Shore service centers are on hold again.

Reactions: Nikxice and EdA
Might want to still consider eventually doing NH state inspections. During a recent vehicle inspection a longtime owner of a small shop told me that NH looks the other way when denying certain vehicles for inspection. His bay is not long enough for some vehicles and he's also not set up to inspect diesels. Realize the state equipment isn't cheap, he says around 5K, but perhaps if you're able to realize some decent volume it might attract customers with other needs. Good luck and feel free to PM me if you'd like the name and number of my mechanic.

Might want to still consider eventually doing NH state inspections. During a recent vehicle inspection a longtime owner of a small shop told me that NH looks the other way when denying certain vehicles for inspection. His bay is not long enough for some vehicles and he's also not set up to inspect diesels. Realize the state equipment isn't cheap, he says around 5K, but perhaps if you're able to realize some decent volume it might attract customers with other needs. Good luck and feel free to PM me if you'd like the name and number of my mechanic.

The shop isn't going to be big enough for their equipment plus everything else we are trying to cram in there. We really want to concentrate on filling the void in having a place you can bring your Tesla for repair and modifications that doesn't involve driving into Boston. We are also going to be concentrating on providing quality used parts and doing electric conversions. The state inspection thing doesn't really play into the business model we are trying to create. Maybe for Electric Garage 2.0 where we can have a bigger facility and dedicated space for inspections it could be a consideration.

* I should also mention I was a state inspector in Massachusetts for a few of years. It is a good gig for the most part but a lot of times it more trouble than it's worth. People are always trying to get away with stuff, you have to worry abut being audited or having an undercover state employee come through and the penalties and fines were pretty steep. *

Reactions: JWardell
T
Any chance y'all have figured out a way to get the full ambient lighting (foot wells and pocket lights) working on a Model 3 SR+?
This is the first time someone has inquired. Not having a SR Model 3 I didn’t realize that the lights didn’t work. It’s software related which would mean voiding warranty to unlock and tesla would most likely be able to tell. We may be able to do something different like make our own wiring harness to give those places power.

T

This is the first time someone has inquired. Not having a SR Model 3 I didn’t realize that the lights didn’t work. It’s software related which would mean voiding warranty to unlock and tesla would most likely be able to tell. We may be able to do something different like make our own wiring harness to give those places power.

Yeah, I was trying to figure out the easiest way to tap into the puddle lights but haven't had any luck yet. It's definitely an annoyance that I've seen on the forums (thought clearly I've been actively looking for it) and feel like it's something SR/SR+ owners would pay for right alongside replacing the interior LEDs

One person did tap into the center console lights for power, but that means the footwell lights only turn on/off when you open/close the console lid. I'm hoping for a more 'stock' experience

Let me know if it's something you're interested in looking at. I'm on the North shore in MA and could take a trip up to your shop if you wanted to take a closer look

Had posted this review in another thread...but adding it here as it is more apt.

Wanted to give a shout out to Electrified garage folks. I was able to get the Power lift gate (from autoease) installed at their place. They were super friendly and did an excellent job. I also had them install the BlackVue dashcam. They did a very clean job with the wires and it looks like a factory setup.

Anyone who need to fix their Teslas in the NE area, I highly recommend electrified garage.

Rich, Chris and Chad - A big thank you for your work on my Tesla!.

Good Morning. Electrified Garage is officially open and accepting appointments. We can do anything from scheduled maintenance/alignments (will not affect your warranty) to custom accessory installations (Anything EV Tuning sells, Dash Cameras, Trailer Hitches, Radar Detectors, additional USB ports/wifi hotspots) to seasonal tire swaps/changeovers, suspension upgrades (Lowering springs, coilovers, camber bushings), Wheels and tires (Aftermarket or Original Equipment), Model S Door handle repairs (Bulletproof redesigned parts for less than what Tesla charges) We work on all EV's not just Teslas so if you have a Leaf, i3, Focus Electric, or any other BEV we are your one stop resource to get your EV fixed/upgraded and back on the road. Please email [email protected] or call (978) 206-1811 or you can schedule a service from our homepage. Many of you are the reason why this dream became a reality so thank you for your support and we look forward to meeting new owners and members of this group.

We want to celebrate the event with our friends at Seacoast Cars and Coffee and the Tesla Sales Team from Dedham MA!! Come join us for a night of meeting the Electrified Garage Team, Rich Rebuilds and Test Drives of the new "Raven" cars with the Tesla Sales Team. Friday July 19th at the Fox Run Mall at Seacoast Cars and Coffee Cafe from 4pm-9pm.

We will be talking about having an alternative for Tesla Service and a place for Electric Vehicles to get serviced in general. Space is limited to 750 people so make sure to get your free tickets before the event.

Last edited:
We have partnered with Seabrook Tire for NH state inspections and with Merrimack Valley Tire in Haverhill for MA inspections. We have also partnere with Titan Auto Glass in Woburn for glass replacement. They are a recommended installer for all major insurance companies and he has a lot of Tesla and luxury vehicle experience.

Do you guys think you'll ever offer paint protection film installation?
Paint protection film requires correcting the paint before hand. Most places don't even have a full time person to do this. Typically it's sublet out and the detailing place just cleans and corrects the paint. We are looking into window tinting, chrome delete and vinyl wrapping. Ceramic coating and paint protection film requires too much and our space isn't setup with water and a drain for cleaning cars.