Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrify America charging station, 440 N. Euclid St, Anaheim

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
Anaheim Building Permit BLD2018-04056, applied for on 2018-09-07;
Address: 440 N. Euclid St., Anaheim, CA, 92801;
Current status: (application) Received. Link;
Install 7-Tesla supercharger cabinets with concrete pads, 14-Tesla charging stations, 1-QED switchgear assembly, 1-utility transformer, 2-level 2 chargers, 1-stepdown transformer, 1-200A distributiuon panel, 2-pedestrian light poles and fixtures.

It's somewhere in the Walmart plaza on the north side of the 5 Freeway, at the Euclid exit. This puts it almost right in between the Buena Park and Santa Ana superchargers. And just a few exits north of Disneyland. No information on whether they'll be standard or urban and I don't think any construction work can have started yet. From the online record it looks like there are a few departments which still have or had outstanding comments/corrections on the submitted plans. Plus it will likely need to go through the planning commission for waiver/approval since I don't think the commercial zoning guidelines currently allow for EV chargers.

@BlueShift - Solid enough? Personally, I think you can take this one to the bank. But if you're being a stickler on "permit" means actually having a fully fledged permit, then there's still a very little bit to go.

Attachments

• Supercharger-Anaheim_overview.JPG
    Supercharger-Anaheim_overview.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 195
  • Supercharger-Anaheim_close.JPG
    Supercharger-Anaheim_close.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 129
Great find @mociaf9 ! Thanks for posting.

Interesting that Tesla will intends to install two L2 chargers as well. Perhaps a city requirement?

Tesla’s Find Us map shows this location as opening in 2018. That seems highly unlikely. But very happy to this new location on I5 in the LA/OC area.

(Note to anyone who wonders why the pin on this map doesn’t match the address in the permit: the “coming soon” pins simply indicate the municipality where the Supercharger will be located in, they do not indicate the exact location.)
869E717D-8951-47F1-9776-A2F5E662B90B.jpeg

Even though Buena Park is off the map, it's as crowded as ever.

The new Anaheim Plaza location is a good spot for Tesla to add Superchargers. There are only a limited number of J1772 ChargePoint charge stations at Disneyland and should not be relied upon.

Interesting that Tesla will intends to install two L2 chargers as well. Perhaps a city requirement?
Unless it's going on a bit of city property in that parking area, the city wouldn't set that type of requirement. My guess is that whomever Tesla are leasing the parking spaces from--I presume Walmart--set the requirement as a term of the lease. It will be interesting to see if people have to pay to use the L2 slots. Will they be "Tesla" branded or is Tesla just going to subcontract with one of the other commercial outfits that provides public L2 charging? Does anyone know of a previous example of this type of mixed L2-charger/Supercharger installation to see if there's a precedent for how Tesla might go about it?

Unless it's going on a bit of city property in that parking area, the city wouldn't set that type of requirement. My guess is that whomever Tesla are leasing the parking spaces from--I presume Walmart--set the requirement as a term of the lease. It will be interesting to see if people have to pay to use the L2 slots. Will they be "Tesla" branded or is Tesla just going to subcontract with one of the other commercial outfits that provides public L2 charging? Does anyone know of a previous example of this type of mixed L2-charger/Supercharger installation to see if there's a precedent for how Tesla might go about it?
I believe tesla installed a couple L2s at Rancho Cucamonga or somewhere. When they install L2 it’s typically a free to use clipper creek charger.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
This is perfect this is the exact area where I grew up and still live. There are two EVGO fast chargers and two evgo L2 chargers that are overpriced. This site also had the original ev1 charger and Avcon charger. (Used to be free to charge the old EV1's and ranger truck) I presume they are going to install these behind the shopping center by the elementary schools. Very easy to get to if you take Wilshire Ave directly from 5 north or take Lincoln going south. Lot's of local stores to do some shopping, eat, ect. I'm going to be depending on these almost exclusively and this site also opens Tesla ownership to lots of the locals. It's surrounded by apartments (At least 4000 people plus within 1/2 mile not to mention the houses and even the two elementary schools. A post office is also a short walk away.

Last edited:
I believe tesla installed a couple L2s at Rancho Cucamonga or somewhere. When they install L2 it’s typically a free to use clipper creek charger.
They installed an L2 at Manteca as well, same thing. It looks like it works less than half the time though (based on PlugShare check-ins).

I was just at the Fountain Valley, CA supercharger and there was a sign pointing to "New Superchargers soon!" coming to Anaheim and Westminster. I really hope they can bring them to us as FV was already bad as is.

I also hope they are Urban Superchargers instead as well........I really enjoy the predictable max charge rate.

Update time--

While the actual parcel stayed the same and it isn't really moving, the address was changed for this install. It's now 444 N. Loara St. But, as I said, that is a purely nominal change. Also, their permit application has been through 2 rounds of reviews. The only outstanding areas that still need corrections are: Planning Zoning, Traffic Engineering, and Structural/Architectural. Hopefully only one more corrected submission will do it and the permit will be issued so construction can begin. If they get everything fixed up quickly with the next submission, the permit will probably be issued by the second or third week of December (depends more on how long the corrections take to make, review is likely to only need a few days).

If they get everything fixed up quickly with the next submission, the permit will probably be issued by the second or third week of December (depends more on how long the corrections take to make, review is likely to only need a few days).

Getting a little bit closer, two more to go. Too bad they all on holiday break now. I hope they build it near the edge of the freeway close to the AAA building. Not sure how busy cross-traffic is on that outer circle, though, for backing up. That seems to be where nobody wishes to park. Google locates 444 N. Loara St. on the east side of the building, hopefully no there. It looks dark, desolate, dangerous.

Code:
Route to Elec Engineering     11/14/2018     11/21/2018          11/27/2018     APPR     JJB
Route to Planning Zoning     11/14/2018     11/21/2018          11/20/2018     CORR     LEO
Route to Traffic Engineering     11/14/2018     11/21/2018          11/26/2018     CORR     RXC
Route to PW Develop. Services     11/14/2018     11/21/2018          11/21/2018     APPR     AVP
Route to Struct/Architectual     11/14/2018     11/21/2018          11/16/2018     CORR     WCL
Route to Planning Zoning     12/19/2018     12/27/2018          12/24/2018     APPR     LEO
Route to Traffic Engineering     12/19/2018     12/27/2018                    
Route to Struct/Architectual     12/19/2018     12/27/2018