Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrify America charging station, 440 N. Euclid St, Anaheim

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The permit no longer mentions Tesla. It says install “EV chargers”. The job Forman I spoke to lied . Oh well still nice to know EV charging infrastructure is developing at a rapid pace! Now if only Tesla would release the ccs adapter for the US.

I did some reconocense and took some pictures of the layout and equipment. I did not see any superchargers, but did see lots of ABB units "more then 6" and the basic layout for them. I do not know the normal size of electricity America stalls. I also do not see Tesla listing this site on their website anymore. Which is worrying since I will depend on this site, once I get a Tesla. However, their seems to be more points then chargers
Thanks for the info. I’ve just “deupdated” this location on supercharge.info

Reactions: emupilot
I would caution everyone to slow down. I will keep going and seeing how the work is progressing. Honestly, the location where these are being built invites lots of icing. It would be ideal if Tesla where to build thse on the back parking lot by loara street. Tesla needs more superchargers in this area and they have to build more locations sooner then later.

I’m confused. Do you mean that the permit that is shown in the first post in this thread has been changed?
The opening post quotes the permit application for Anaheim building permit BLD2018-04056 as it was originally displayed in October 2018. It explicitly called out "7-Tesla supercharging cabinets" and "14-Tesla charging posts", etc. At some point in either January or February 2019, two or three months after I started the thread, the scope and description of that same permit was changed (see this post) to just read, "Install (8) EV charging stations and (2) accessible EV charging stations, (1) transformers and (1) switchboard. Relocate (1) light pole. 8 ft high x 150 ln ft of Trex fence." Still consistent with supercharger builds and descriptions from other supercharger permits, but fewer stations and no longer explicitly calling out Tesla, just generic EVCS.

The opening post quotes the permit application for Anaheim building permit BLD2018-04056 as it was originally displayed in October 2018. It explicitly called out "7-Tesla supercharging cabinets" and "14-Tesla charging posts", etc. At some point in either January or February 2019, two or three months after I started the thread, the scope and description of that same permit was changed (see this post) to just read, "Install (8) EV charging stations and (2) accessible EV charging stations, (1) transformers and (1) switchboard. Relocate (1) light pole. 8 ft high x 150 ln ft of Trex fence." Still consistent with supercharger builds and descriptions from other supercharger permits, but fewer stations and no longer explicitly calling out Tesla, just generic EVCS.

I can not locate this building permit on the city website? Do you have an alternate source?

At some point in either January or February 2019, two or three months after I started the thread, the scope and description of that same permit was changed (see this post) to just read, "Install (8) EV charging stations and (2) accessible EV charging stations, (1) transformers and (1) switchboard. Relocate (1) light pole. 8 ft high x 150 ln ft of Trex fence." Still consistent with supercharger builds and descriptions from other supercharger permits, but fewer stations and no longer explicitly calling out Tesla, just generic EVCS.
Okay, thanks. I am no longer as confident that this site will see any Superchargers, but hopefully it will. Let’s wait and see...

Reactions: mociaf9
I can not locate this building permit on the city website? Do you have an alternate source?
The link from the opening post still works: BLD2018-04056

EDIT: For some reason, I seem to have saved a copy of the originally displayed permit status page from before the changes as a .html file. I'm not sure why I would have done this. Maybe I was trying to do something else and just didn't delete it when I got the wrong thing? Anyways, turns out it was convenient because I can attach it as a PDF so you can see what was originally displayed (site doesn't allow html uploads).

Attachments

• Supercharger-Anaheim_building permit 2018-09-07.pdf
    29.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Permit BLD2018-04056 has had inspections, so if it's not superchargers being built now I don't think there will be any. It would be beyond weird for one permit to switch from Tesla superchargers to some other kind of chargers, but perhaps they were initially mislabeled as Tesla in the initial permit application.

699F1244-068C-4367-A990-1B71E6BCA4EE.png

Their app, said it’s coming soon. Electrify America app I mean