Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrify America charging stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Anzir

Supporting Member
Nov 9, 2012
Central Florida
I was at the Florida Mall this afternoon and saw the Electrify America station. There were 6 cabinets with 2 connectors each. All but one connector was CCS, and the other one was Chademo. The Chademo was rated at 50kW, CCS were all 150kW except for 1 320kW charger. I then went inside the Mall to the Tesla store. They had a Chademo adapter there... $600. Yow. I wonder how much the CCS ones will be.

• Informative
Reactions: GeoX750
I then went inside the Mall to the Tesla store. They had a Chademo adapter there... $600. Yow. I wonder how much the CCS ones will be.
Tesla currently sells the CHAdeMO adapters through their online store for $450 [LINK]. Not sure about shipping costs, if any. And of course, they are currently only for use with Model S/X, not Model 3.

• Informative
Reactions: Seven7
DFF1DE1D-EB89-49FD-8CF3-11BC9407D679.jpeg
I just stopped by the Wesley Chapel location under construction. One of the crates was labeled EV HV 350 and I wondered if it is a 350 kW charger, since you said the Florida Mall has a 320 kW, I’ll bet that Wesley Chapel gets one too. Unfortunately, I doubt I’ll ever use it but hopefully they will push Tesla to increase supercharger speeds.

On February 5, 2019 Electrify America filed for a permit for a charger in the Target parking lot at Butler Plaza in Gainesville. The permit application does not provide details regarding the type and capacity of the charger.

This location is about a mile from the future Gainesville Supercharger Station which yesterday, Feb 15, 2019, received a permit to build a 10 - terminal Supercharger station also at Butler Plaza behind the Chilli's.

Larry

I was at the Florida Mall this afternoon and saw the Electrify America station. There were 6 cabinets with 2 connectors each. All but one connector was CCS, and the other one was Chademo. The Chademo was rated at 50kW, CCS were all 150kW except for 1 320kW charger. I then went inside the Mall to the Tesla store. They had a Chademo adapter there... $600. Yow. I wonder how much the CCS ones will be.

A few days ago I was at the Tallahassee SuperChargers (I-10) and saw there are ElectrifyAmerica chargers as well. I was wondering if it would be worth it to carry an adapter to use those in emergency occasions like if the Teslas are not working, or full. I have a Model 3 so not sure if i can use one.

20190214_151935 1.jpg
20190214_151858 1.jpg

A few days ago I was at the Tallahassee SuperChargers (I-10) and saw there are ElectrifyAmerica chargers as well. I was wondering if it would be worth it to carry an adapter to use those in emergency occasions like if the Teslas are not working, or full. I have a Model 3 so not sure if i can use one.
Currently, there is no adapter that the Model 3 could use to charge at those stations. Firstly, there's no CCS combo adapter at all yet. And secondly, while EA installations include at least 1 CHAdeMO connector and Tesla does make a CHAdeMO adapter, the adapter only works with Models S/X not Model 3. Adapter-type availability and model support could change in the future, but so far no dice for Model 3 owners at all.

• Informative
Reactions: Larry Chanin

I was there over Thanksgiving. Drove from Miami to Tallahassee and back. I see zero need to charge on anything other than a Tesla super charger while traveling. At least not anytime soon.

I definitely don't plan on paying fees significantly higher than what Tesla charges or buying expensive adapters.

Curious though, how fast was the Tallahassee charge rate? It was by far the slowest i encountered. Was the only vehicle there and tried several different stalls. Never cracked 75 kw and I think I started around 40% battery.

Every other charger I've ever used ("only" 8 others in Florida, but still) has hit the max of ~115kw.

My memory was incorrect, it was a 350W charger. Waiting for Tesla to release the CCS adaptor here so that we can utilize the 150W chargers. It will definitely help to relieve congestion from the flood of Model 3s at Superchargers.

I found this article about Tesla CCS adapters in Europe, looks like the CCS adapter will be significantly less than a chademo adapter.
Tesla launches $190 CCS adapter for new Model S and Model X, offers retrofits for older vehicles
Hi Anthony,

Thanks.

In Europe, for brand new Teslas, the CCS will be less than a CHAdeMO adapter, but there will be a retrofit fee for older Teslas.

From the article:

"The good news is that it is significantly cheaper than the CHAdeMO adapter — for new buyers at least. For existing owners, it’s about the same price as the CHAdeMO adapter because of the cost of the retrofit."

It remains to be seen what will happen in North America, but its good to see that Tesla appears to be moving toward eventually providing compatibility with the CCS standard.

Larry