Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrify America Complementary Session Check-in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also keep in mind that the EA machine will not necessarily make any mention of free charging or anything.

The location I got a free charge from yesterday had a screen that appeared normal with indicators to check pricing and getting help, but started charging after plugging in with no other intervention on the machine or app. That same charger last week had something else on the screen, that I can’t remember exactly, that made mention of it undergoing some maintenance but still gave a free charge.
I've never encountered the bolded part. Every time I've tried EA CCS when "complimentary session" was NOT displayed, charging will not auto start or anything. See Electrify America complimentary sessions (stations set... for some pics of what it looks like what it's free.

Even when it auto starts at all, it'll tell you the session is compliments of Electrify America but the next screen will show a price and the running $ amount you will keep going up. But at the end, you end up getting a discount for the entire cost of the charge.

The system upgrades message since Sept 7th, 2022 (Electrify America complimentary sessions (stations set...) had been showing for weeks but then wasn't displayed on 9/25, another day that I got free EA juice (complimentary session visible) and I confirmed it by plugging in.

• Informative
Reactions: israndy
I've never encountered the bolded part. Every time I've tried EA CCS when "complimentary session" was NOT displayed, charging will not auto start or anything. See Electrify America complimentary sessions (stations set... for some pics of what it looks like what it's free.

Even when it auto starts at all, it'll tell you the session is compliments of Electrify America but the next screen will show a price and the running $ amount you will keep going up. But at the end, you end up getting a discount for the entire cost of the charge.

The system upgrades message since Sept 7th, 2022 (Electrify America complimentary sessions (stations set...) had been showing for weeks but then wasn't displayed on 9/25, another day that I got free EA juice (complimentary session visible) and I confirmed it by plugging in.
Yeah you’re right. I guess I just didn’t notice the “Complimentary Session” when I went last time since I wasn’t previously aware of it and was fixated on the button to press for “Pricing”. I went to a different charger a bit ago and did see that text in place.

Reactions: cwerdna
I know previously, there used to be a big brown screen that was displayed that said that Electrify America was updating their network and hardware infrastructure, and said that some functionality may be unavailable. I remember this brown screen also mentioned that the session would be free during the upgrade process.... I noticed a few days ago, this brown screen was no longer displayed on the chargers at the same EA location near me... However, it does still say "Complimentary Session" on the "Plug in First" page... I had previously thought the free juice was over, becuase I saw the brown screen was no longer being displayed...

I know previously, there used to be a big brown screen that was displayed that said that Electrify America was updating their network and hardware infrastructure, and said that some functionality may be unavailable. I remember this brown screen also mentioned that the session would be free during the upgrade process.... I noticed a few days ago, this brown screen was no longer displayed on the chargers at the same EA location near me... However, it does still say "Complimentary Session" on the "Plug in First" page... I had previously thought the free juice was over, becuase I saw the brown screen was no longer being displayed...
Although not brown, are you talking about the below "updating" message? Screenshot at

Although not brown, are you talking about the below "updating" message? Screenshot at
Yeah I saw that link earlier. It was something similar, but it was definitely brown on the chargers over here tho. I don't think the screen was busted, because all the other screens were the normal colors, including the gradients. (And it showed like this in all 4 stalls) But either way, the screen about the upgrades no longer shows this week. But it says complimentary session on the plug in first page.

Reactions: cwerdna
Date: Sep 28, 2022
Time: 10:00 PM
Site: Wallmart
Complimentary Session all stalls

The experience was similar to Supercharger: Plugged in and it started to charge my car. For free. No interactions with the interface of the charging station at all.

Reactions: DrGriz