Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrify America station under construction in Baker CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RubberToe

Supporting the greater good
Jun 28, 2012
El Lay
There is what looks to be another EV charging location being built immediately South of the Tesla property in Baker. A portable fence enclosed the entire site. There is an Oxblue camera set up for site monitoring. I couldn't locate any permits, or searching Oxblue.

Anyone know what is going on here? I'll post some pictures later today.

RT

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX
IMG_20190702_125241.jpg

IMG_20190702_125232.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX
It seems odd that the site would be under construction but not listed on the EA app as “Coming Soon”. Maybe their criteria for “soon” is just closer to opening.

Either way, more chargers without more amenities seems like the wrong trend for that location. I don’t want to be stuck there when both sites are near maxed out.

The Electrify America sites are mostly CCS and a few CHAdeMO plugs and since Tesla has so far refused to make any adapters for those plugs, these sites are worthless to Model 3 drivers like me.

Now weather that changes sometime in the future or not is anyones guess. My guess is that it stays as is.

@Jeff N , do you think this is an EA site?

It doesn't show on their map. Wonder if it could be more solar panels and batteries for Tesla?

RT
I had been expecting an EA site in Baker. Sites seem to show up as “coming soon” on their website and app map after they have a design and have obtained a permit and scheduled construction although it’s not clear exactly how the listing process works. Sometimes there have been sites already under construction that aren’t listed and sometimes there are listed sites that go for many months without visible construction.

• Helpful
Reactions: Zoomit
Anyone been by here recently with pictures of the charging station being built next door?

Public service announcement: Anyone traveling to/from Vegas this weekend, please spend 5 minutes taking and posting pictures of the construction. The 5 minute delay in arriving in Vegas will save you several hundred dollars!

In order to keep this on topic, please include at least one Tesla Supercharger in the corner of the image. Help keep the mods off our case :p

Don't make me drive all the way to Baker. BTW, I'll be passing through on 9-1, so I'll post shortly after that no matter what.

RT