Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrify America

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are usually CCS or CHAdeMO so you’d need an expensive adapter (about $200 online, $450 from the Tesla website) to get that rate. The car would likely limit to 50 kw, though (so says the Tesla website).
CHAdeMO Adapter
Electrify America usually installs a single CHAdeMO plug + many SAE Combo (Combo1 flavor of CCS) at each of their sites. And yes, since there's no adapter from Tesla for US Teslas to use CCS/SAE Combo chargers, one would be limited to the 50 kW max CHAdeMO adapter.

Can someone merge this thread into Electrify America Fast Chargers - Huh? We don't need more EA threads.

When they shut down the 95 corridor on the East Coast over Labor Day weekend without warning, I was really shocked at how thoughtless they acted. They put in beautiful new chargers that seem more reliable but it likely stranded people or made them scramble for alternatives. I’m hoping they start planning better and taking care to maintain their equipment. EA might have started out of a scandal but maybe it can grow into something they value.

Electrify America usually installs a single CHAdeMO plug + many SAE Combo (Combo1 flavor of CCS) at each of their sites. And yes, since there's no adapter from Tesla for US Teslas to use CCS/SAE Combo chargers, one would be limited to the 50 kW max CHAdeMO adapter.

Can someone merge this thread into Electrify America Fast Chargers - Huh? We don't need more EA threads.

Moderator note: Moved to section of quoted electrify america thread above. will need a mod for that section to merge it.

Reactions: cwerdna
(Since some don't want a new EA thread, I'll post here.)

I have a MX and free supercharging. I'm starting to look at some post covid long distance travel and making plans for alternatives/back ups to the supercharger network.

The EVGO and Charge Point apps were easy to set up. But, just to set up an account, Electrify America wants me to load at least $10 to the no cost monthly plan. Seems lame.

Reactions: Fadiawesome
(Since some don't want a new EA thread, I'll post here.)

I have a MX and free supercharging. I'm starting to look at some post covid long distance travel and making plans for alternatives/back ups to the supercharger network.

The EVGO and Charge Point apps were easy to set up. But, just to set up an account, Electrify America wants me to load at least $10 to the no cost monthly plan. Seems lame.
if you have a contactless card, you can just go and tap your credit/debit card on the charger and charge, without having to make an account. Its dumb, but -_-.

• Informative
Reactions: COS Blue
If anyone is up for a 2 hour video about breaking the EV Cannonball Run record, you can watch how difficult it was for them to get reliable charging from EA chargers:

For those who don’t want to watch, they are in contact with EA beforehand and during the trip. EA sends out techs to all the planned charger stops to make sure they are working well before the trip, especially the 350kw stations. They still struggle to get a charge, having to change chargers at each stop. Whether it was due to the Taycan or EA, they can’t use the 350kw chargers because it “bricks” the charging session.

I really want EVs to be successful and take away all the stigma and negative stereotypes that many people have about EVs and charging so I hope EA and all the other charging companies, as well as all the car manufacturers, get their act together, make sure the software works well, and keep their stations in good working order.

If anyone is up for a 2 hour video about breaking the EV Cannonball Run record, you can watch how difficult it was for them to get reliable charging from EA chargers:

For those who don’t want to watch, they are in contact with EA beforehand and during the trip. EA sends out techs to all the planned charger stops to make sure they are working well before the trip, especially the 350kw stations. They still struggle to get a charge, having to change chargers at each stop. Whether it was due to the Taycan or EA, they can’t use the 350kw chargers because it “bricks” the charging session.

I really want EVs to be successful and take away all the stigma and negative stereotypes that many people have about EVs and charging so I hope EA and all the other charging companies, as well as all the car manufacturers, get their act together, make sure the software works well, and keep their stations in good working order.
I love that channel lol. But Its good to see that EA has come a long way from the sparse amount of chargers they had.