Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

elekslabs Android Wear Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This seems like a very nicely designed Android Wear app.

And since it's opensource, you can built it yourself, so no issues with giving full control of your car to a stranger.

Putting the charging status as a wear watch face is quite clever. You just need to glance at your watch to see how much charge you have ( changing a watch face on android takes just a couple of seconds, so I'd see myself using it when I'm at a SC charging)

I also like the way that they're using "smart" notifications:

• The car’s sunroof is open, and it’s going to rain soon. The user receives a notification with a warning and a suggestion to close sunroof remotely.
  • The car’s door is open, and the driver has left the car. The user receives a reminder that they forgot to close the door and is offered to return and close it.
  • The car is charging, but it was interrupted due to electricity issues. The user receives a notification with an offer to restart the charging and safely drive further, instead of wasting much time.

I'll definitely have a dig around the code.

Having looked more into it, it's just a proof of concept. There's a lot of code on the app, but it doesn't connect to the real Tesla API, just an Apiary mock. And no real notifications, they're simulated from the phone app. Still, interesting start.