TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

"Elevator Pitch" Sentence that Best Describes the Model S

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Francis Lau, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Francis Lau

Francis Lau P-1456

The other day I was in the parking lot of a restaurant getting ready to leave, an older gentleman in his 70's walked by the car. He stopped and then backtracked and walked around the car looking at it. I lowered my window and he asked me "How do you like the car?" I said it was "silent, silky fast, accelerates like a rocket at all speeds, and technology-wise, it was like going from VHS to DVDs". I was not sure where that came from. Nevertheless, since then, I am pondering:

"what is the perfect "elevator pitch" sentence that best describes the Model S?"

For owners who have their babies already, what is your sentence?

2. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

How about:

"I upgraded to this car from ___. When this one wears out, there's nothing on the market that is an upgrade... so I guess I'll just buy another one."

I was thinking about that earlier today. Until/unless the competition wakes up, Tesla is the only game in town at the moment (at least for my criteria in the category of EV).

3. bbmertz

bbmertz Model S: P4909

I often describe the MS as a super-fast high technology gadget on wheels, with a smooth powerful takeoff like a magnetic roller coaster (think of the takeoff on California Screamin' for those of you familiar with this ride at Disney's California Adventure).

4. rcc

rcc Model S 85KW, VIN #2236

It's a great car that's electric: accelerates faster than a sports car, handles like a sports sedan and carries as much stuff as an SUV. And it looks great.

5. texla7544

texla7544 Member

Automobile magazine cover was pretty good (for Performance): 'As quick as an M5, As smooth as a Lexus, No gas'

or the New York Times - 'Aston Martin on the outside, Apple on the Inside'

6. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

Some possibles:
    • I'd be happy to take you for a spin in the Model S, but then you'd hate driving your [current car].
    • It accelerates like a roller coaster, but you control gravity.
    • I never thought I would own a car built in America, but I never imagined that a car could be this amazing.

7. Ceilidh

Ceilidh Member

I think that sums it up pretty well. Encapsulates my feelings exactly. And I had always wished that an american auto manufacturer would beat the pants off of Japan, Italy, England, and Germany... hasn't happened in a long time IMHO although I am sure arguments could be made for certain models.

But objectively speaking, if the car was this nice and was an ICE car, then it would meet the criteria to some extent. Since it is pure electric, well, I would say that it smoked the competition but perhaps zapped or sparked or some other electric related term would be more appropriate here.

15 days and counting (yes, I need to update my signature graphic). Permission to use that phrase thereafter Robert.Boston?

Cheers.

8. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

The most technologically advanced car in the world, and it's made in the USA.

9. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

Put simply "Your car is a dinosaur"

10. Ceilidh

Ceilidh Member

Also particularly fitting since they run on a fuel made up in part of the remains of decomposed dinosaurs.

Cheers.

11. SigGuy

SigGuy Member

I basically use a slightly modified version of RCC's response:
    It's a great car: accelerates faster than most sports cars, handles like a luxury sedan and carries as much stuff as an SUV. It looks great. Oh, and one more thing... it's electric.

12. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

Permission happily granted!

13. SuperCoug

SuperCoug Model S Res #7734

I like to paraphrase what I read in one of the early reviews that said something along the lines of "It's like a roomy sports sedan that comes with an unlimited supply of 90% of gas coupons!"

14. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

It's pretty hard to sum it up in one or two sentences. Especially for a blabbermouth like me. I like Dr. Taras' description of the roadster. "Faster than a Ferrari, Greener than a Prius, Run's on pure sunlight."

15. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

"Here's the key, take it out for a spin."

16. Nikoli

Nikoli Member

Its the way of the future.

17. toto_48313

toto_48313 CAN P #5

When I'll have it (hopefully in Feb):

"I wait for it for 4 years, and it worth it as it's still 20 years in advance on other cars"

18. GDH

GDH Banned

"Elevator Pitch"?

19. Hobiemon

Hobiemon Member

Meaning you only have a short elevator ride to do your sales pitch.

20. PopSmith

PopSmith Saving for a Model 3

Basically, it's an attention-getting summation of the product or service provided. The term "Elevator pitch" is derived from the idea that this summation is done in the short time (<2 minutes) it takes to get from the lobby to the top floor of a building.