Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eligibility for FSD beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am sure this question has been asked for thousands time but I couldn't find a solid one.

What I understand is that in order to be the lucky one for beta, you need to maintain 98 to 100 safety score with at least 100 miles driven for 7 days.
Why do I see people getting it before 7 days? Is it just too lucky that Tesla does not care about the eligibility requirement or the 7 days rule is not true?

Thank you!

I am sure this question has been asked for thousands time but I couldn't find a solid one.

What I understand is that in order to be the lucky one for beta, you need to maintain 98 to 100 safety score with at least 100 miles driven for 7 days.
Why do I see people getting it before 7 days? Is it just too lucky that Tesla does not care about the eligibility requirement or the 7 days rule is not true?

Thank you!
Before the Beta expanded last Fall, Elon said you would be scored for 7 days, then get the Beta if your driving was good enough. It didn’t play out that way, though. As long as your Safety Score was good enough whenever Tesla checked (and anecdotally had over 100 miles) you could catch the wave, even if you only had one day scored.

There hasn’t been a wave to catch since Christmas, ie no new Beta testers except the release in Canada with Beta 10.11.1. So, who knows what the process will be going forward.

10.11.2 is currently expanding broadly like 10.10.2 did, and rumor has it that it may add new beta testers in the U.S. with scores 95 or higher. If the typical timeline holds and the rumor is true, this Friday (maybe the weekend), you may be able to catch the first wave of new testers since Christmas.

Upvote 0

Thank you!
I don't think anyone in the US has been added to the Beta test program since last December. Those getting it now are from Canada. Elon will continue to jack up prices saying FSD is close to release but will not even add to the small pool of beta testers. There is a good chance many of those who purchased FSD may sell their cars before they even get to experience FSD.

Reactions: Ryshaw
Upvote 0