Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eliminate limited regen - improving cold weather driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's a "superbottle" in the Model 3 that's being called revolutionary in the auto industry:
Tesla 'Superbottle' proves that the Model 3's disruption lies in its vertical integration
What a wonderful "clean sheet" approach to needing different flow rates and even temperatures for different needs AND keeping a major component(s) in-house.

I won't take any credit :p but who knows maybe "heat bottle" inspired smarter people to have a better idea. My "heat bottle" would add net components where this consolidates them. But with multiple flows/chambers, I've gotta wonder if it has or would be able to integrate this...

IF cells refuse regen power
AND heating is needed
SEND max acceptable energy to heating element/chamber in Superbottle.

Reactions: PhaseWhite
There's a "superbottle" in the Model 3 that's being called revolutionary in the auto industry:
Tesla 'Superbottle' proves that the Model 3's disruption lies in its vertical integration
What a wonderful "clean sheet" approach to needing different flow rates and even temperatures for different needs AND keeping a major component(s) in-house.

I won't take any credit :p but who knows maybe "heat bottle" inspired smarter people to have a better idea. My "heat bottle" would add net components where this consolidates them. But with multiple flows/chambers, I've gotta wonder if it has or would be able to integrate this...

IF cells refuse regen power
AND heating is needed
SEND max acceptable energy to heating element/chamber in Superbottle.

If that doesn't work, just use the flux capacitor.