TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Elio Motors stock (ELIO) now listed on the OTCQX

Discussion in 'Cars and Transportation' started by RobStark, Feb 19, 2016.

1. RobStark

RobStark Active Member

OTC Markets Group Inc.(OTCM), operator of financial markets for 10,000 U.S. and global securities, today announced Elio Motors Inc. (OTCQX:ELIO), developer of the Elio, a revolutionary new high-mileage, three-wheeled vehicle, has been approved to trade on the OTCQX® Best Market.

Elio Motors begins trading today on OTCQX under the symbol "ELIO." U.S. investors can find current financial disclosure and Real-Time Level 2 quotes for the company onwww.otcmarkets.com.

"We are proud to welcome Elio Motors, the first company to raise capital online and go public on OTCQX under the JOBS Act Regulation A+," said Jason Paltrowitz, Executive Vice President of Corporate Services at OTC Markets Group. "OTC Markets Group welcomes innovators and entrepreneurs and is proud to offer the market of choice for the new generation of crowdfunded capital raisings. We look forward to seeing Elio Motors grow its business and its visibility with investors."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    http://http://finance.yahoo.com/news/otc-markets-group-welcomes-elio-120000694.html

I know. I know . I know.

Every time I am about to write off Elio as a joke at best and a ponzi scheme at worst it surprises me a little and makes me think " Well,..."

2. JohnSnowNW

JohnSnowNW Active Member

Yeah, those over at Elioowners.com (chuckle) were pretty excited about it. I spent some time reading over there since GreenCarReports most recent article on the company. People comment on the rabid following Tesla has...but I think they've got Tesla fans beat.

If you just spend some time reading the comments you come away with the perception that they have little logical reason to support the company, and are either willfully ignorant, or simply naive.

As an example someone recently posted that the Pep Boys acquisition may impact the partnership Elios has for servicing the vehicles. There were a wide range of responses to this, but most of them were dismissive. Several people responded that they planned to do their own servicing...which is fine, but I think they'll have a difficult time sourcing major parts without having somewhere to obtain them...and costly repair bills when doing so without warranty coverage.

Anyway, my opinion remains the same as it always has...Elio may want to build the cars...but his business model is rubbish.

3. voyager

voyager Member

#3 voyager, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    Has the whole "is it a car or does it qualify as a trike or autocar?" issue been sorted out? Most states think that a fully enclosed three-wheeler should be seen as a regular automobile. And that means that car crash testing is mandatory.

Looked it up. Found it: NHTSA To Alter Vehicle Code To Prevent 3-Wheelers Like Elio

4. voyager

voyager Member