Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elio Motors to advertise on Fox News,ESPN, and National Geographic.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not so sure it will sell. What is the point of this vehicle? It's narrow yet wide due to the front wheels. Strange indeed.

My point too...

tesla%2B%252B%2Belio%2B%25282%2529.jpg

They are delaying themselves into oblivion.
Elio ICE had a chance in 2013.
Elio EV has a chance in 2018.
In +2019 elio has no chance any more.
Yet, there are still die-hards who believe the company and its concept vehicle have validity... if only the government, a white knight or more reservation holders would step in/up their support to allow it to succeed. Where have all the millions of dollars gone? How much engineering and design is needed for a motorized tricycle? Why not use an existing engine instead of trying to design a new one? Tesla has designed and produced three car models from the ground up in the amount of time Dalelio has been tweaking its design (for the umpteenth time) for their now obsolete autocycle concept.

That an automotive startup flounders isn’t especially remarkable. When it drags a town along with it, it is. When it initially launched, Elio secured space in a former General Motors assembly plant in Shreveport, Louisiana, by promising more than 1,500 manufacturing jobs in the town by the end of 2015. Elio paid for its lease through stock in its company—stock that’s effectively worthless now—and raised more than $100 million to build its cars.

Btw, I just checked Elio's website - it's (back) online, even asking if people are interested in updates.

Last edited: