Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ellensburg, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CHADEMO adapters really open up your options in these situations. On Easter we skipped the Ellensburg Sc for Cle Elum. Only to find the power was out in Cle Elum. Fortunately we were able to charge at Suncadia without driving back to Ellensburg. I was disappointed to hear that the Model 3 can't use the CHADEMO adapter. CHADEMO beats waiting in line and in some cases is in a much nicer location. Our on-board charger failed while at Whistler and the CHADEMO worked while the super charger did not.

Tried to charge at Ellensburg supercharger today, but one was out of service, the rest in use, and a lineup of folks (> 5) waiting for their chance. Tesla navigation was recommending this stop??? I drove back to Cle Elum even tho I was heading east instead of waiting thru that mess.

Not sure if there are going to be more options on I-90 soon (Moses Lake?), but dang I wish the navigation would have warned me not to try Ellensburg.

Tried to charge at Ellensburg supercharger today, but one was out of service, the rest in use, and a lineup of folks (> 5) waiting for their chance. Tesla navigation was recommending this stop??? I drove back to Cle Elum even tho I was heading east instead of waiting thru that mess.

Not sure if there are going to be more options on I-90 soon (Moses Lake?), but dang I wish the navigation would have warned me not to try Ellensburg.

The Nav system isn’t that advanced I don’t think. Unfortunately Ellensburg doesn’t seem like a good option anymore.

The Nav system isn’t that advanced I don’t think. Unfortunately Ellensburg doesn’t seem like a good option anymore.
Yeah it isn't that advanced, but you can view how many stalls are occupied and plan your stop accordingly. If Ellensburg shows 4 or 5 out of 5, while Cle Elum shows half full, I would definitely stop at Cle Elum. Honestly I would plan to stop at Cle Elum anyways just based on what people have posted in these forums over the last year or so.

Wish the adapter wasn’t so much $$$$
That was my thought too, we have already used it 2 out of 5 trips this years unplanned. Now I can't imagine traveling without it. We would have been waiting hours for a slow charge or needed a tow truck. On one trip the onboard charger would not supercharge but would CHADEMO and another trip the power was out at the supercharger.

Dang, I wish I would have seen this yesterday. Sunday afternoon was the same thing. There was also a massive crash backup on westbound I-90 near Cle Elum, so lots of people were either staying away from Cle Elum or just heavy Sunday afternoon charging. Stall 2B is still out, so don’t be fooled by the navigation when it says 1 of 5 stalls available.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: ChrisH and IdaX
Dang, I wish I would have seen this yesterday. Sunday afternoon was the same thing. There was also a massive crash backup on westbound I-90 near Cle Elum, so lots of people were either staying away from Cle Elum or just heavy Sunday afternoon charging. Stall 2B is still out, so don’t be fooled by the navigation when it says 1 of 5 stalls available.
That a great comment. I do look to see if the stall is completely in use, I never thought about broken stalls not yet taken out of service.

That a great comment. I do look to see if the stall is completely in use, I never thought about broken stalls not yet taken out of service.

Also note that yesterday Cle Elum had a power outage . Also check to make sure there is any indicators at all.

Tesla support said they only had errors on two stalls but once on the phone with them they tried refreshing statuses and none responded.